Solutions Manager (ME Background)
Palo Alto, CA /
As a Solutions Manager at Instrumental you’ll combine your mechanical engineering expertise with your customer-success mindset to understand our customers’ needs, define a comprehensive Instrumental solution, and manage executive customer relationships from implementation through renewal and expansion. This unique role leverages your engineering background, technical curiosity, and interpersonal skills to influence a large gamut of consumer electronics companies and drive large scale business for Instrumental.
Instrumental is a software company with the mission of eliminating waste and accelerating product maturity in manufacturing by empowering hardware companies to optimize their factories through artificial intelligence and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, startups and Fortune 500 hardware companies alike are increasing yields, accelerating time-to-market, and reducing the frequency of recalls and production delays.
Things you’ll do
- Technical discovery to understand customers’ needs, help define the right Instrumental solution.
- Build and deepen executive relationships with technical customer base to help influence their long-term technology and business decisions.
- Add value and be viewed as a trusted advisor by bringing compelling insights and ideas with follow through execution.
- Lead and manage entire sales-cycles with existing multinational customers (i.e. building business cases, justifying renewals, upselling, cross-selling, and complex enterprise deals)
- Collaborate globally with account teams, product specialists, other functions within Instrumental sites to ensure a consistent message to the partner
We’re looking for someone who has
- 4+ years experience as a product design, mechanical, manufacturing engineer, or EPM at an admired electronics product company with multiple development programs under your belt.
- A desire to be customer-facing, with a customer-success mindset
- Dynamic, adaptable and entrepreneurial in their approach to solving problems or overcoming roadblocks
- Interested in working on a variety of products and excited to take on challenges with short timelines that must be right the first time
- Operates with urgency and has attention to detail
- Ability and desire to travel, domestically (eventually)
- Authorized to work in the USA