Senior Technical Program Manager (高级技术项目经理)
Do you love to build high quality products? If so, why just build one per year when you can help our Fortune 50 customers ship multiple products every year? We’re looking for get-it-done, get-it-right engineers to join our company as Senior Technical Program Managers (TPMs) to support our expanding customer base. As a Senior TPM you'll be an integral member of the operations team, contributing directly to the Company’s success by growing the business through renewals and expansions as well as driving overall product direction.
* You Live and Breathe Manufacturing -- you’re a PD or ME by training and have built many products from proto to dev through ramp. You can make your way around a line blindfolded.
* You’re a Program Management Expert -- you’ve managed countless programs/projects from start to finish, you communicate effectively within and across teams to accomplish tasks, and you correctly identify and drive towards goals.
* You’re an Owner -- you take ownership of your work, ask for help where needed, and demonstrate urgency where appropriate.
* You’re an experienced People Wrangler -- you can manage and navigate multiple stakeholders effectively, leverage others to get the resources you need to get the job done and deliver the right message to the right person at the right time.
* You’re Analytical -- when you see a problem you look for data and when you get data you know how to analyze (excel/sheets) and present it in a clear and concise manner.
* You’re a Risk Manager at Heart -- you’re always identifying and mitigating risks, highlighting them to the team and management.
* You’re a Problem Solver -- you can think clearly and decisively in a bind, and you drive towards solutions.
* You’re a People Person -- you have a desire to be customer-facing and have a customer success mindset.
* You must be bilingual in Mandarin and English - able to communicate with the factory (in Chinese), customer (in English) and US team.
* You have significant experience on the customer side in consumer electronics manufacturing.
* You’ve worked for a multinational consumer electronics company like Apple or Samsung or for a Fortune 50 that has a strong consumer electronics division like Google, Microsoft, or Facebook.
* You have a Masters Degree in Engineering, preferably ME or PD
* 7+ years of work experience
* You’ve worked in a distributed team environment (a team spread between two countries like the US and China).
About the Role
As a Senior TPM at Instrumental, you’ll leverage your engineering background to understand our customers' unique challenges in order to provide top-of-the line support and build real, lasting value over the course of their contract. You’ll report to the Director of Customer Success and will be primarily responsible for the following:
Deploy and maintenance of the Company’s inspection equipment: You will be responsible for the successful installation and upkeep of our equipment at our customer’s facilities. You will begin by handling the deployments yourself in order to develop a deep understanding of the process, after which you’ll transition to an oversight role.
Customer Success Program Management: Once the equipment is set up, you'll help the customer analyze the data the system collects using our proprietary algorithms and software to build value and manage ROI until they end-of-life. You’ll be finding defects, assisting with FA, driving down issues, everything you used to do, but aided by cutting edge technology. Your goal is to get the customer to renew or expand through this analysis and ROI building. You will manage all aspects of the customer lifecycle, such as initial value creation, sustaining value, and renewal/expansion, including data analysis and report generation.
Founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers, Instrumental provides optical inspection hardware and software technology that enable brands and manufacturers to optimize their manufacturing process to cut waste by orders of magnitude compared to conventional solutions. This waste is non trivial: 20 cents on every dollar spent in manufacturing is wasted in mistakes, experiments, downtime, yield loss, scrap, and returns. Our customers are top electronics brands, including Motorola and other well-known brands.
The Instrumental platform collects, intelligently transforms, and contextually presents manufacturing data to technical end-users, enabling them to close loops in their manufacturing process in real-time. Our core technology is proprietary ML algorithms. We leverage these through clever user interface solutions that bring the power of AI to Instrumental’s users. We serve our customers across the entire product development lifecycle, and provide user experiences tailored to the different phases of manufacturing. Over the next few years, we will refine and amplify the value we deliver, while also moving into new market segments.