Customer Success Manager
Palo Alto, CA /
Do you love helping people get things done or do things better? Do you love finding out what makes customers and organizations tick? If so, come help us help our Fortune 50 customers ship their products on time with less waste and less hassle.
As a Customer Success Manager at Instrumental, you’ll leverage your CS skills to understand our customers' unique challenges, provide top-of-the line support and build real, lasting value over the course of their contract. You will manage all aspects of the customer lifecycle, from implementation, executive relationship building, to renewal and expansion. This role leverages your customer-success mindset, problem solving abilities, and interpersonal skills to influence a large gamut of consumer electronics companies and drive large scale business for Instrumental.
Instrumental is a software company with the mission of eliminating waste and accelerating product maturity in manufacturing by empowering hardware companies to optimize their factories through artificial intelligence and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, startups and Fortune 500 hardware companies alike are increasing yields, accelerating time-to-market, and reducing the frequency of recalls and production delays.
Areas you will own include:
- The overall customer strategy, working in conjunction with our Solutions Architecture team and AEs
- Train customers on how to use the system
- Analyze customer usage data for insight on how we can better support them and drive growth
- Analyze customer build data to determine system ROI to support renewal and expansion conversations
- Organize and run QBRs with customer executives
- Identify opportunities for growth within the current program (user growth)
- Identify business opportunities for growth within the overall company (expansion)
- You Live and Breathe Customer Success - you know the CS toolbox - Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira, etc - like the back of your hand. You love developing relationships with people and discovering what makes them and their organizations tick so you can make them happy and sell them more
- You’re a Problem Solver - you can think clearly and decisively in a bind, and you drive towards solutions
- You’re a Program Management Expert - you’ve managed countless programs/projects from start to finish, you communicate effectively within and across teams to accomplish tasks, and you correctly identify and drive towards goals
- You’re a Self-starter who Takes Ownership of Your Work - You take initiative and don’t need to be told what to do. You take ownership of your work, ask for help where needed, and demonstrate urgency where appropriate
- You’re Analytical - when you see a problem you look for data and when you get data you know how to analyze (excel/sheets) and present it in a clear and concise manner
- You’re an experienced People Wrangler - you can manage and navigate multiple stakeholders effectively, leverage others to get the resources you need to get the job done and deliver the right message to the right person at the right time
- You’re a Risk Manager at Heart - you’re always identifying and mitigating risks, highlighting them to the team and management
- 3-5 years of work experience in a customer facing environment.
- You have ready-to-go empathy and a customer first mindset.
- Strong data analysis skills
- You have a passion for gadgets, building things and making things better
- Previous work in a distributed team environment nice to have
- Product development, engineering background, or experience in our industry / consumer electronics a plus