Software Engineer - Platform Team (Remote - West)
Palo Alto, CA /
Palo Alto (preferred) or anywhere in the US West Coast (Pacific Time Zone).
Instrumental uses AI to empower hardware companies to optimize the assembly of complex, interesting products (from laptops to apparel!). With our high-impact solution, brands can:
- Increase yields (the percent of goods passing inspection);
- Decrease dark yield (the escape of goods that should have failed inspection); and
- Trace everything (to narrowly scope recalls to only those goods affected).
Our product is delighting customers, who now have access to technology that produces results previously unattainable. The Instrumental customer list is growing across a diverse set of manufacturing applications, and we’d love you to help us scale to the needs of that entire market.
About the role:
We are looking for a Software Engineer with backend expertise to help design & scale our infrastructure to handle millions of pieces of manufacturing data per day.
We work in a diverse stack (not necessary to have expertise with the following!) --
- Scala (JVM, Play, SBT)
- AWS (ECS, RDS Postgres, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Route53, Redis etc.,)
- Docker and Terraform
- 3+ years of professional experience writing and maintaining stable production-quality code
- Experience building and scaling systems in a public cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Love for solving big problems in an analog industry in an early-stage environment
- Customer empathy and a desire to be helpful
- Communicate progress in the development cycle from sprint planning to daily stand-ups & retrospectives
- Instrumental Engineering values good tools, robust tests, and frequent deployments
We don’t believe in coding on the whiteboard. We believe a simple take-home assignment and a live follow up discussion is the best way to understand your technical capabilities.
Scala, JVM, Play, AWS, Docker, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Postgres