Associate Scientist, RNA Oligonucleotide Chemistry
40 Erie St. Cambridge, MA 02139 /
Research – Delivery Sciences /
At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of genome editing to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking an individual to work closely with the RNA Chemistry Team responsible for synthetic oligonucleotides. This individual will be involved in a complete production process for the identification, implementation & fulfillment of synthesis, purification and reaction scheme analytical characterization and method development of oligonucleotides.
- Hands-on position in an oligonucleotide chemistry lab inclusive of operating, maintaining & calibrating synthesis platforms and other scientific equipment.
- Synthetic oligonucleotide method and process development participation.
- Perform semi-preparative and analytical HPLC and LC-MS quality control processes.
- Solid decision-making on product path with the ability to work independently and collaboratively while problem-solving.
- Demonstrate basic lab competency in preparing reagents and buffers & handling chemicals.
- Follow and write standard operating procedures and process improvement documents.
- Documentation of results and data analysis.
- Ensure safety and product quality are paramount throughout the laboratory environment.
- Capable of repetitive tasks and performing other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Oligonucleotide synthesizer especially MerMade 192x instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Oligonucleotide compound experience at low and high mg deliverable synthetic scales from a variety of modified oligonucleotide chemical classes.
- Preparing organic and aqueous reagents and solutions under sterile conditions while minimizing RNase contamination.
- Reagent preparations for synthetic chemistry instrumentation that utilize strongly flammable and corrosive solvents.
- Phosphoramidite reagent handling while maintaining anhydrous conditions across the synthetic scales.
- Base preparation from solids
- Solubility and immiscibility determination of reagents.
- B.S. or B.A. equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with 1-4yrs laboratory experience or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field and 0-2yrs laboratory experience.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- More experienced candidates with oligonucleotide chemistry experience will be strongly considered.
What Intellia Stands For:
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us – trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.