Senior Research Associate
40 Erie St. Cambridge, MA 02139
Research – DNA Repair
At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of genome editing to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
Intellia Therapeutics is developing the CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology for therapeutic application both in vivo and ex vivo. This work requires the generation of numerous human lentiviral or mouse retroviral tools for target discovery and target validation. The role of Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist – Lentivirus Production is primarily responsible for the generation, concentration, titration, and curation of viral particle preparations that are needed to support numerous research efforts.
- Generate research scale virus preparations as requested by end-users on a week-to-week basis
- Concentrate virus by ultracentrifugation and generate aliquots for cryopreservation
- Determine viral titers by ddPCR
- Maintain the virus request queue and cryostorage database
- Communicate virus production status and titer updates to end-users
- Work with end-users to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Diligent and timely documentation of production runs
- Train end-users on the proper handling and disposal of virus and materials exposed to virus
- Explore opportunities to enhance the capabilities of the virus production core as time permits
- General understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry principles
- Experience with cell biology techniques including cell culture, viral packaging via transient transfection, viral transduction, viral titration and fluorescent microscopy
- Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques including plasmid manipulation, ddPCR and genomic DNA isolation
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently within an interdependent fast-paced team, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly adapt when faced with new challenges
- Drive to deliver results to meet goals and timelines
- M.S. in Cell or Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 0-3 years of laboratory experience
- B.S. in Cell or Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 3-5 years of laboratory experience
- Prior virus production experience and/or industry experience is highly preferred
What Intellia Stands For:
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us – trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.