Scientist, Delivery Chemistry
40 Erie St. Cambridge, MA 02139
Research & Development – RNA/Chemistry
At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of genome editing to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
Intellia is seeking a highly skilled, creative and motivated Scientist, Delivery Chemistry to join our growing team. The Scientist will be responsible for providing chemistry support for projects involving delivery of CRISPR/Cas9 components to a variety of tissues. Particularly, he or she is expected to lead efforts directed at the preparation, purification, and characterization of lipid nanoparticle and macromolecule conjugates. As needed, he or she may also contribute to efforts directed at the synthesis, purification, and characterization of lipids to be formulated into lipid nanoparticles. Preference will be given to candidates with experience with drug delivery systems.
- Design and implement strategies for the development of targeted nanoparticles or macromolecules
- Prepare targeting ligands and linkers for conjugation to nanoparticles, lipids, oligonucleotides or other macromolecules
- Plan and execute synthetic routes for compounds, including targeting ligands and lipids
- Develop structure-activity relationships and design ligands/lipids with optimal delivery properties
- Develop purification and analytical methods to characterize targeting ligand-conjugated nanoparticles/macromolecules
- Develop biochemical and/or biophysical assays to understand binding properties of conjugates
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional groups to ensure biological evaluation of delivery vehicles
- Analyze and present data internally to troubleshoot and drive direction of research
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property
- Assist in chemistry lab operations, including the ordering of supplies and maintenance of equipment
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- 0-3 years of industry experience in pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Background in nanoparticle or macromolecule chemistry with an emphasis on conjugation (click reactions, amide coupling, maleimide-thiol addition) and separation chemistries (centrifugation, dialysis, SEC, HPLC)
- Experience in developing quantitative analytical techniques to measure conjugation efficiencies (HPLC, SEC, MS)
- Astute ability to search scientific literature, patents, and databases to identify novel conjugation technologies and strategies
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry is advantageous
- Energetic and hands-on experimentalist, eager to work on new initiatives
- Strong planning and time-management skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills
What Intellia Stands For?
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us – trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.