Process Engineer, AAV Process Development
130 Brookline St. Cambridge, MA 02139 /
Development – Technical Operations /
Developing curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
At Intellia, we are committed to solving the complex challenges of making CRISPR/Cas9-based medicines a reality for patients suffering from genetic diseases and to create novel engineered cell therapies for immuno-oncological and autoimmune diseases.
Intellia is seeking a skilled and motivated Process Engineer to support AAV process development in the Technical Operations group. The ideal applicant will be experienced and capable in HEK suspension culture and transfection optimization for AAV production. The position requires development, optimization and scale up of AAV production in bioreactors as well as a good understanding of viral production analytics and purification technologies. Experience with documentation and technical transfer to GMP manufacturing is a plus. Team work, versatility, and strong problem solving/analytical skills are required.
- AAV upstream process development and transfection optimization.
- Develop and perform pre-clinical scale up production processes based on QbD.
- Collaborative integration within Tech Ops and with R&D and Automation groups.
- Develop SOPs and assist in technology transfers to CROs and strategic partners.
- Provide high quality data and ELN documentation to drive decision making in the CMC team.
- Communicate development results and production schedules with internal teams.
- Operate and maintain bioreactors and multiple laboratory instruments.
- Cell culture maintenance and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, or Virology with 3-5 years of hands on industrial experience, or MS with 1-2 years of industry experience.
- Experience with HEK suspension AAV production and characterization.
- Proficiency with operation and process optimization in stir tank bioreactors and relevant cell culture analytical techniques.
- Experience in bioreactor cell culture and purification process development scale up for GMP production.
- Experience with viral vector analysis is a plus (e.g. CE-SDS, ddPCR, ELISA).
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What Intellia Stands For:
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us – trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.