Production Team Member - Second Shift
WHO WE ARE
We deliver the world’s best coffee. Farmers, employees and customers are collaborators in our effort to create a memorable and enriching coffee experience. We are not afraid to ask questions, to try new things, and to admit that we are constantly learning. We strive for innovation and improvement. We know that extraordinary coffee is not the result of chance, but the product of hard work, skill, curiosity, and an unyielding commitment to quality. We work each day to change the way the world understands and experiences coffee, elevating a daily ritual into a culinary experience. We celebrate coffee’s agricultural origins and the dedicated professionals who devote their lives to coffee. We embrace our responsibility to create positive change in the world. We use extraordinary coffee as our tool. We challenge traditional beliefs to create economic opportunity. We are stewards of the earth and advocates for our values of diversity, inclusion and equality.
Position Summary Working in coordination with Order Processing, Packaging, and Quality Control, Production Team Members participate in all stages of production and shipping. This position is for second shift, hours are approximately from 12-9 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bag labeling and printing.
- Accurately blend, grind, pack, and heat-seal coffee and tea bags.
- Assist customers with pick-up orders.
- Accurately pack outbound shipments, ensuring that small package and palleted freight shipments are prepared in time every day.
- Update the Production Manager and/or Roasters of low inventory stock levels.
- Thoroughly clean bins, tables, and general warehouse area and machines according to cleaning schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Logical and methodological approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Flexible, with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic computer and mechanical skills.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must be able to repeatedly life up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, more than 40 hours per week may be required to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
- Office and warehouse environments. Not climate-controlled.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.