Intenseye is an AI-powered Workplace Safety platform that helps the world’s largest enterprises to scale employee health and safety across their facility footprints globally to significantly reduce workplace accidents and fatalities.
Every 7 seconds a worker is injured on the job. The human and economic cost of workplace injuries around the world is a staggering $250 billion per year. At Intenseye, we believe that the health and safety of workers is non-negotiable.
Using the latest breakthroughs in cutting edge artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and computer vision, Intenseye empowers health and safety teams to monitor their facilities, provide complete visibility for the first time ever, and operationalize their rapid response procedures and start their Journey to Zero.
Connecting to existing cameras within facilities, Intenseye empowers EHS leaders to see the unseen hazards and save lives proactively, through 24/7 analysis of workplaces and real-time leading indicator data.
Join Intenseye on the Journey to Zero!
We are seeking a Backend Engineer for our world class Engineering team based in Istanbul.
Now is an incredibly exciting time to join our growing Engineering team!
- Analyzing, designing and developing high-quality, maintainable, reusable, scalable and reactive software systems based on the customer specifications and business needs
- Work with a variety of languages such as Scala, Go and Python
- Write unit/integration/functional tests and keep code coverage high
- Integrate and/or follow up with the CI/CD pipelines
- Participate in code reviews
- Ensure applications are running fine on cloud (GCP/K8S) with low latency & high throughput
- Ensure quality by maintaining the tools, framework and infrastructure
- Research and evaluate new technologies to improve processes or code bases
Sound like you?
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Dedicated to delivering clean and stable code for 4+ years with experience in best practices for the entire SDLC.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web applications on cloud. (e.g. well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, service-meshes, message queues, distributed caching, efficient algorithms).
- You are fluent in functional reactive programming, starting with Scala and Akka, and pushing the technical frontier from there.
- Familiar with container based applications and orchestration tools on Linux Based Systems for coding and debugging.
- Experience with writing unit & integration tests, monitoring code coverage etc.
- Experience delivering a high-quality product as an individual (or open-source) contributor as part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment.
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills. Must be willing to work with an internationally distributed team.
- Work with engineering, design, operations and business teams to create new and compelling features.
- You enjoy new technologies and methods, and you can apply them into new ideas and concrete solutions.
- You are always trying to improve your skills and get better at what you do.
- You are able to keep adapting to new situations and always deliver the highest quality results.
- You have a DevOps mindset for monitoring and deploying code with versioning tools and CI/CD.
Our Tech Stack?
- Scala, Go, Python for programming languages.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) for cloud services.
- Docker, Kubernetes for orchestration tools.
- Apache Pulsar for message queueing.
- Prometheus, Grafana for monitoring.
- Elasticsearch for analytics
- Redis for distributed caching.
- Linkerd for service mesh.
- Buildkite for CI/CD.
- PostgreSQL for RDBMS.
- Git for version control.
- Replicated for on-premise.
What we offer?
- Great Salary, Health Benefits and Equity in a fast-growing business
- Experience working with a fast development and research team of engineers using the latest and greatest technologies
- Flexibility on work location and hours (Ideally to be based from our Istanbul office, but we are open to remote working with occasional trips to our office for meetings)
- Play a key role in growth of the company
- Saving lives and changing the industry with AI-powered health and safety!
Our Engineering Hiring Process:
- Zoom chat with our Head of People (45 mins)
- Take-Home Task (x7 days to complete)
- Zoom interview with x2 Engineers to review task / technical deep dive (90 mins)
- Zoom interview (or On-site) with CTO & Lead Engineer (90 mins)
- Zoom interview with our CEO (30 mins)
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Intenseye is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.