Senior Applied Research Engineer (Computer Vision)
Intenseye is an AI-powered Workplace Safety platform that helps the world’s largest enterprises to scale employee health and safety across their facility footprints globally to significantly reduce workplace accidents and fatalities.
Every 7 seconds a worker is injured on the job. The human and economic cost of workplace injuries around the world is a staggering $250 billion per year. At Intenseye, we believe that the health and safety of workers is non-negotiable.
Using the latest breakthroughs in cutting edge artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and computer vision, Intenseye empowers health and safety teams to monitor their facilities, provide complete visibility for the first time ever, and operationalize their rapid response procedures and start their Journey to Zero.
Connecting to existing cameras within facilities, Intenseye empowers EHS leaders to see the unseen hazards and save lives proactively, through 24/7 analysis of workplaces and real-time leading indicator data.
Join Intenseye on the Journey to Zero!
We are seeking to expand our Applied Research team in Istanbul that focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning & Computer Vision to help drive our technology forward.
Now is an incredibly exciting time to join our world class Computer Vision team!
- Own features of Intenseye: build, deploy, iterate. You're responsible for what you're building, and you have creative control over the direction you take
- Dig deep into a fun computer vision and machine learning topic, becoming a specialist, and breaking new ground.
- Understand limitations in algorithms and data and innovate to solve these problems
- Comfortable at designing your own architectures within a deep learning framework
- Work with engineering, design, operations, and business teams to create new and compelling features
- Experience building your own software systems in Python or C++, wrangling 2D and/or 3D data, training models, and running experiments.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Shipped code for 2+ years
- Experience writing technical papers in English for a scientific audience
- Built computer vision fast and efficient algorithms and libraries.
- Has knowledge about handling video streams and integrating them into machine learning algorithms.
- Is excited by machine learning and its implications for real-world scenarios.
- Enjoys saving lives and being a superhero
What we offer
- Great salary, Health Benefits and Equity in a fast-growing business
- Experience working with a fast development and research team of engineers using the latest and greatest technologies
- Flexibility on work location and hours
- Play a key role in growth of the company
- Saving lives and changing the industry with AI-powered health and safety
Our Interview Process
- Zoom chat with our Head of People (45 mins)
- Take-Home Task (x7 days to complete)
- Zoom interview with x2 Engineers to review task / technical deep dive (90 mins)
- Zoom interview (or On-site) with CTO & Lead Engineer (90 mins)
- Zoom interview with our CEO (30 mins)
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Intenseye is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.