Associate Consultant / Consultant, Verbal Identity
New York, NY /
INTERBRAND – Verbal Identity /
Interbrand has been the world’s leading brand consultancy, for over 40 years – having pioneered iconic work and forged many of the brand building tools that are now commonplace. We know that in an age of abundant choice and speed of innovation, customers’ expectations are moving faster than businesses. While incremental change is still essential, it’s no longer sufficient. It takes bold moves to leap ahead of customers and competitors. We call these moves iconic moves. In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, our global team of thinkers and makers are pioneering the future of brand building. By turning customers into participants, we help our clients strengthen their brands on an ongoing basis – our approach gives them the confidence to make iconic moves that spark desire and create utility, driving extraordinary results.
We're looking for someone who's excited about everything to do with words: creating names, developing unique voices, turning strategy into storytelling. Someone who knows how to write well, and how to think and talk about how their writing fits into the broader world of strategy and design. Someone who wants to work on brands from any and every industry, from materials science to consumer electronics. Someone excited to have a thirteen-syllable job title. Someone with opinions, and the ability to express them.
- Use your creative writing and communications strategy skills for the good of all humankind
- Understand clients’ businesses and cultures, and use that understanding to create effective work
- Assist in the client presentations with energy and credibility
- Support project leads in performing research, generating creative content and building presentations
- Contribute to projects in all verbal practices: naming, voice, messaging and content strategy, and content creation
- Work with strategists, designers, program managers and more
- Always be on the lookout for ways to improve how we work with clients, and new ways that verbal identity can solve their challenges
- Collaborate with more senior verbals to develop intellectual property (articles, white papers, etc.) related to our verbal practices
- Participate in skill development and outside learning programs, and share what you've learned with the rest of the team
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Study and/or degree in a related field; we have a broad definition of "related," including any verbal-focused or writing-intensive field like linguistics, creative writing, advertising, philosophy etc.
- Experience and/or interest in branding, advertising, marketing, PR, or a related field, either client- or agency-side; internships count!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; PowerPoint is a plus
- Knowledge of foreign languages a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively to find insights and develop new ideas
- Ability to consistently deliver quality creative
- Critical thinking, especially the ability to critique and discuss your own work and the work of others
We are building a connected, collaborative and inclusive human culture. As part of that culture, Interbrand is committed to creating spaces for open communication, transparency, and equitable support for all levels of employees. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are driving forces in how we create and embrace community, while allowing our employees to refine their craft and solve problems for the world’s best global brands. At Interbrand you will create iconic work that defines customer expectations across the globe, and creates growth for all.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interbrand champions Equal Employment Opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, creed, citizenship status, alienage, sex, marital status, genetic information or any other protected class under, federal, state or local laws.