Director, Verbal Identity
New York, NY /
INTERBRAND – Verbal Identity /
Interbrand has been the world’s leading brand consultancy for over 40 years – having pioneered iconic work and forged many of the brand-building tools that are now commonplace. We know that in an age of abundant choice and speed of innovation, customers’ expectations are moving faster than businesses. While incremental change is still essential, it’s no longer sufficient. It takes bold moves to leap ahead of customers and competitors. We call these moves iconic moves. In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, our global team of thinkers and makers are pioneering the future of brand building. By turning customers into participants, we help our clients strengthen their brands on an ongoing basis – our approach gives them the confidence to make iconic moves that spark desire and create utility, driving extraordinary results.
As a Director at Interbrand you own the day-to-day activities of the client and work with Client Management to realize the vision for a program. You have the ability to lead client programs and multidisciplinary teams, lead concepting and creation of artifacts and are capable and comfortable speaking to adjacent disciplines.
You will lead verbal identity projects including naming, voice, messaging, and content strategy. You will work across brands from a broad range of industries to deliver the insights and creativity that will help our clients’ businesses grow.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Tap creative/strategic writing skills to build brands
- Collaborate to create positioning, names, voice, messaging and content strategy, and content through services and experiences
- Work effectively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Contribute significantly to advancing verbal identity practices by continuously improving our quality and methodologies, and developing intellectual property
- Lead Interbrand’s verbal work on medium and large accounts with multiple projects by:
- Develop new business through pitching, advising, and scope writing
- Contribute significantly to the management and development of the Verbal Identity team and direct reports
o Understanding your clients’ businesses and cultures, and using that understanding to deliver work that will be effective
o Presenting that work to clients and internal teams, including senior executives, with energy and credibility
o Managing, teaching, and guiding junior staff
o Managing revenue, costs, and resourcing
o Working effectively with senior account leads
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Backgrounds of interest include any verbal-focused or writing-intensive field (e.g. Linguistics, Creative Writing, Foreign Language, Philosophy, etc…)
- Strong track record in branding, advertising, or related field either client or agency-side
- Experience giving direction by writing a creative brief and taking direction from creative briefs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office emphasis on PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Proficiency in more clever presentation tools that don’t rely on PowerPoint
- Naming experience required
- Knowledge of foreign languages and trademarks is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively to synthesize insights and develop new ideas
- Ability to consistently deliver quality creative work under pressure
At Interbrand you will create iconic work that defines customer expectations across the globe and creates growth for all.
We are building a connected, collaborative and inclusive human culture. As part of that culture, Interbrand is committed to creating spaces for open communication, transparency, and equitable support for all levels of employees. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are driving forces in how we create and embrace community, while allowing our employees to refine their craft and solve problems for the world’s best global brands. Interbrand has both local and global DEI Task Forces, in addition to access to the Omnicom People Engagement Network (OPEN), OPEN Pride, Omniwomen, and are proud supporters of ADCOLOR.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interbrand champions Equal Employment Opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, creed, citizenship status, alienage, sex, marital status, genetic information or any other protected class under, federal, state or local laws.
We are working through access barriers across our job site, so if you run into any issues and would like this information in an alternative format, or would prefer to apply via email, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.