FREELANCE - Director, Client Management
New York, NY /
INTERBRAND – Client Management /
We are looking for a senior-level Client Manager for maternity leave coverage; starting ASAP through the end of the year. This would ideally be 40 hours per week, but would be open to 20-30 hours (reduced) schedule as well.
Interbrand has been the world’s leading brand consultancy, for over 40 years – having pioneered iconic work and forged many of the brand building tools that are now commonplace. We know that in an age of abundant choice and speed of innovation, customers’ expectations are moving faster than businesses. While incremental change is still essential, it’s no longer sufficient. It takes bold moves to leap ahead of customers and competitors. We call these moves iconic moves. In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, our global team of thinkers and makers are pioneering the future of brand building. By turning customers into participants, we help our clients strengthen their brands on an ongoing basis – our approach gives them the confidence to make iconic moves that spark desire and create utility, driving extraordinary results.
About Client Management:
It all starts with you. To solve big challenges and grow global brands, we need the best minds. At Interbrand, client managers help solve a variety of our client's business challenges by truly understanding their businesses and leveraging brand to deliver on objectives. Interbrand’s cross-disciplinary teams bring a variety of experiences to their table and partner with a single goal in mind—deliver industry-leading strategic and creative work to our clients!
Our Client Management team sits at the core of every client relationship with roles and responsibilities ranging from strategic client engagement to flawless program delivery. Our team is comprised of forward-thinking, solution-focused client partners, who remain one step ahead of their teams. We understand the businesses we serve and help enable our clients and teams to perform at their best every day.
- Manage large scale, complex, global programs spanning multiple offices and/or partner agencies, developing account plans and leading the project story, from vision to end product.
- Grow client relationships through understanding of client’s business, foreseeing program challenges, mitigating risk, and providing impeccable delivery
- Negotiate fees and financial arrangements, ensuring the team is meeting agency profitability while delivering against client expectations
- Proactively identify new business relationships and opportunities per individual client needs, as well as craft pitch presentations of proposed solutions
- Pro-actively assist in case study development, best practice documentation and lessons learned on assigned client engagements
BRAND and CLIENT KNOWLEDGE:
- Possess a strong knowledge of how Interbrand helps drive business growth for our clients, as well as monitor industry trends and relevant competitive offerings
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of assigned client’s business and industry to deliver outstanding service
- Responsible for margin, revenue projections and actively sharing financial health of assigned accounts, portfolio resource management utilization, and overall workflow and financial management
- Introduce new and optimize existing processes and partner with other disciplines to implement
- Identify and recommend best-in-class project management tools and processes that can be leveraged across CM team
- Support talent management and peer Client Directors on recruitment efforts, training programs, mentoring, career development plans, and performance management of direct reports
- 10+ years experience in program or client management role
- Great sense of responsibility, accountability, partnership and an efficient, focused multitasker
- Personable, genuine client relationship builder with ability to present confidently to clients
- Strategic, big picture thinker who filters through details to isolate priorities and opportunities
- Pro-active coach and engaged mentor who offers clear direction when assigning tasks to junior colleagues, with a diplomatic approach to working with all levels
- Leader with a reputation for fostering positive team morale
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and project management tools
At Interbrand you will create iconic work that defines customer expectations across the globe and creates growth for all.
We are building a connected, collaborative and inclusive human culture. As part of that culture, Interbrand is committed to creating spaces for open communication, transparency, and equitable support for all levels of employees. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are driving forces in how we create and embrace community, while allowing our employees to refine their craft and solve problems for the world’s best global brands. Interbrand has both local and global DEI Task Forces, in addition to access to the Omnicom People Engagement Network (OPEN), OPEN Pride, Omniwomen, and are proud supporters of ADCOLOR.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interbrand champions Equal Employment Opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, creed, citizenship status, alienage, sex, marital status, genetic information or any other protected class under, federal, state or local laws.
We are working through access barriers across our job site, so if you run into any issues and would like this information in an alternative format, or would prefer to apply via email, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.