Senior Consultant, Verbal Identity
New York, NY /
INTERBRAND – Verbal Identity /
Interbrand has been the world’s leading brand consultancy for over 40 years – having pioneered iconic work and forged many of the brand-building tools that are now commonplace. We know that in an age of abundant choice and speed of innovation, customers’ expectations are moving faster than businesses. While incremental change is still essential, it’s no longer sufficient. It takes bold moves to leap ahead of customers and competitors. We call these moves iconic moves. In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, our global team of thinkers and makers are pioneering the future of brand building. By turning customers into participants, we help our clients strengthen their brands on an ongoing basis – our approach gives them the confidence to make iconic moves that spark desire and create utility, driving extraordinary results.
YOU: SENIOR CONSULTANT FOR VERBAL IDENTITY
We're looking for someone who's excited about everything to do with words: creating names, developing unique voices, turning strategy into storytelling. Someone who knows how to write well, and how to think and talk about how their writing fits into the broader world of strategy and design. Someone who wants to work on brands from any and every industry, from materials science to consumer electronics. Someone excited to have an eleven-syllable job title. Someone with opinions, and the ability to express them.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Use your creative writing and communications strategy skills to help our clients grow their brands and businesses
- Lead creative and strategic writing for client work streams
- Support your program teams:
- Work with strategists, designers, client managers and more
- Work on a range of Verbal Identity projects (naming, voice, messaging and writing) and improve how we work with clients, finding new ways to solve their challenges
- Collaborate with senior members of your team to develop intellectual property (articles, white papers, etc.) related to our practices as well as new business pitches
- Participate in skill development and outside learning programs, and share what you've learned with the rest of the team
o Understand your client’s competitive space, business, culture, and ambitions, and use that understanding to create work that inspires
o Help manage client relationships
o Assist in creating and presenting work to clients
o Brief and coach junior team members
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in a related field or related experience. We have a broad definition of "related," including any verbal-focused or writing-intensive fields like creative writing, screenwriting, linguistics, advertising, philosophy, etc.
- 4+ years in branding, copywriting, content creation, advertising, marketing, PR, or a related field, either client- or agency-side
- Gung ho work ethic and the ability to collaborate, uncover insights, and develop creative
- Conceptual thinking, especially the ability to critique and discuss your work as well as the work of others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
o Fluency in foreign languages
o Naming and/or trademark experience
o Content strategy experience
At Interbrand you will create iconic work that defines customer expectations across the globe and creates growth for all.
We are building a connected, collaborative and inclusive human culture. As part of that culture, Interbrand is committed to creating spaces for open communication, transparency, and equitable support for all levels of employees. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are driving forces in how we create and embrace community, while allowing our employees to refine their craft and solve problems for the world’s best global brands. Interbrand has both local and global DEI Task Forces, in addition to access to the Omnicom People Engagement Network (OPEN), OPEN Pride, Omniwomen, and are proud supporters of ADCOLOR.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interbrand champions Equal Employment Opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, creed, citizenship status, alienage, sex, marital status, genetic information or any other protected class under, federal, state or local laws.
We are working through access barriers across our job site, so if you run into any issues and would like this information in an alternative format, or would prefer to apply via email, please send us a message at email@example.com.