New York, NY /
INTERBRAND – Verbal Identity /
Interbrand has been the world’s leading brand consultancy, for over 40 years – having pioneered iconic work and forged many of the brand building tools that are now commonplace. We know that in an age of abundant choice and speed of innovation, customers’ expectations are moving faster than businesses. While incremental change is still essential, it’s no longer sufficient. It takes bold moves to leap ahead of customers and competitors. We call these moves iconic moves. In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, our global team of thinkers and makers are pioneering the future of brand building. By turning customers into participants, we help our clients strengthen their brands on an ongoing basis – our approach gives them the confidence to make iconic moves that spark desire and create utility, driving extraordinary results.
The Trademark Consultant will produce quality trademark prescreens, research, and risk analysis. You will help in continuously raising the bar for the level of service and expertise that Interbrand offers its external and internal clients.
- Obtain and evaluate relevant data from the US and international trademark databases
- Summarize pertinent results and provide a topline assessment of information found
- Conduct preliminary online investigation for common law use of marks
- Make recommendations regarding appropriate trademark classifications
- Work effectively with cross-disciplinary internal teams
- Stay abreast of industry trends and research tools
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Familiarity with the major trademark database platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail and a passion for research
- Trademark prosecution and/or law firm experience a bonus
- Knowledge of searching logos is desirable
- Team player and able to work independently
- Energetic, optimistic, and enthusiastic mindset
- 1-2 years of trademark research experience
- Adept in Boolean search commands/query writing
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of trademark law (US and international)
- Paralegal certificate optional
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Foreign language(s) a plus
At Interbrand you will create iconic work that defines customer expectations across the globe and creates growth for all.
We are building a connected, collaborative and inclusive human culture. As part of that culture, Interbrand is committed to creating spaces for open communication, transparency, and equitable support for all levels of employees. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are driving forces in how we create and embrace community, while allowing our employees to refine their craft and solve problems for the world’s best global brands. Interbrand has both local and global DEI Task Forces, in addition to access to the Omnicom People Engagement Network (OPEN), OPEN Pride, Omniwomen, and are proud supporters of ADCOLOR.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interbrand champions Equal Employment Opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, creed, citizenship status, alienage, sex, marital status, genetic information or any other protected class under, federal, state or local laws.
We are working through access barriers across our job site, so if you run into any issues and would like this information in an alternative format, or would prefer to apply via email, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.