Senior Client Manager, Client Partnerships Team
INTERBRAND – Client Services /
Client Partnerships at Interbrand
The primary role of our Client Partnerships team at Interbrand is to drive, nurture and grow our client relationships. Being one step ahead at all times, to guide our clients through their journey with us and ensure their experience delivers not only the highest quality outcome in terms of the work we produce but is also enjoyable, rewarding and inspiring. Our aim is to make our clients advocates and long-term partners by creating an experience of working with us they will want to repeat.
The Senior Client Manager Role
Senior Client Managers at Interbrand are great communicators and passionate collaborators, with passion, drive and first-class people skills. On a day to day basis, they are responsible for managing and growing key relationships and delivering projects to a high standard, on time and within budget. They must have a strong commercial understanding and be on top of forecasting and resourcing, providing accurate revenue projections and resourcing requests. They’ll provide clear direction, structure, and leadership to both the client team and teams within the Agency, ensuring that Interbrand delivers a consistently excellent client experience. They enjoy problem solving, bringing teams together, managing them, and identifying potential issues before they happen. By doing this, they become indispensible to our clients, contribute to our culture and help ensure Interbrand retains our position as a top strategic brand partner.
Our culture is informed by a set of behaviours we co-created as a business that give us space to experiment, permission to speak out, and a model of leadership that anyone in the business can adopt. Our behaviours are Lead with love, Be Brave, Speak up and Make it happen.
We are proud of our behaviours. They make us, us.
- Build and nurture client relationships, becoming a trusted partner
- Gatekeeper for client-agency interactions – ensuring clear roadmaps, providing clear and appropriate lines of communication and managing expectations
- Managing and inspiring the internal team to ensure work is produced on time, to brief, on budget and to required profit margins
- Managing project scoping and planning, briefing, resourcing, forecasting, invoicing
- Preparing and taking responsibility for project billing each month, alongside finance
- Creating and managing project budgets; writing cost estimates/proposals, timing plans, clear and concise contact reports, status reports etc.
- Motivating and collaborating with agency teams
- Providing support and mentorship to new/ junior members of the team
- Reviewing and proof-reading work to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Championing inspiring brief writing and an intelligent meeting culture
- Identifying organic business opportunities with existing Clients - playing a lead role in converting new prospects and proactive initiatives
- Supporting our Business Development team with fee estimates and scopes of work for new client opportunities
- Sharing industry news, market trends, competitor activity, and inspiring articles, podcasts among the internal team and to clients
- Writing project case studies and best practice summaries
- Exposure to and ideally familiar with the processes and language of B2B brand strategy and design
- Adapt at managing complex, multi-strand projects
- Ability to truly listen to clients and interpret their needs
- A clear and compelling communicator, both verbally and in in writing
- Ability to present with clarity and confidence
- Ability to see the bigger picture and act/prioritise accordingly
- Confidence in liaising with senior-level clients
- A highly organised, multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise and delegate
- A structured and clear thinker, able to assess work against agreed criteria
- Ability to simplify complex tasks into a series of actionable activities
- A proactive problem solver, outlining and evaluating different solutions
- Personable and adaptable with a high EQ. Able to deal with different personality types
- A great collaborator and team player, who gets the best out of people
- A self-starter with energy, drive and passion for the work we do
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment and accountability
- Willingness to receive constructive feedback and self-improve
- A positive driving force within the business, adding cultural value
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate or equivalent
- Proven experience in client relationship management, ideally within a creative agency
- Category-specific experience a major advantage
- Proficient in key IT software systems (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience of reporting and resourcing programs such as Maconomy and Sales Logix an advantage
Interbrand understands what it takes today to build the world’s most iconic brands. To support our clients in an ever more complex and fascinating world, we have renewed our commitment to both common global standards and greater empowerment, experimentation and entrepreneurialism.
Interbrand is its people. We are a global team of highly diverse thinkers, makers and collaborators. We are proud of our heritage and often regarded as the university of branding. Over the past four decades, we have pioneered iconic work and invented many of the brand building tools that are now commonplace.
In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, we are pioneering the future of brand building. In a world where people’s expectations are moving faster than businesses, we give our clients the confidence to make Iconic Moves that create desire and utility, reshape the competitive landscape and drive extraordinary results.
The Interbrand Best Global Brands study/rankings and BrandChannel are resources to our clients and the industry, providing proprietary data and insight for our role as client partner and commentator. We have published 18 books on brands and are often the reference point for university curriculum and professional associations. Today, through our own Academy, we aim to be the most accelerated learning environment in the marketing world.