Senior Client Manager
New York, NY /
INTERBRAND – Client Management /
Interbrand has been the world’s leading brand consultancy, for over 40 years – having pioneered iconic work and forged many of the brand building tools that are now commonplace. We know that in an age of abundant choice and speed of innovation, customers’ expectations are moving faster than businesses. While incremental change is still essential, it’s no longer sufficient. It takes bold moves to leap ahead of customers and competitors. We call these moves iconic moves. In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, our global team of thinkers and makers are pioneering the future of brand building. By turning customers into participants, we help our clients strengthen their brands on an ongoing basis – our approach gives them the confidence to make iconic moves that spark desire and create utility, driving extraordinary results.
About Client Management:
It all starts with you. To solve big challenges and grow global brands, we need the best minds. At Interbrand, client managers help solve a variety of our client's business challenges by truly understanding their businesses and leveraging brand to deliver on objectives. Interbrand’s cross-disciplinary teams bring a variety of experiences to the table and partner with a single goal in mind— to deliver industry-leading strategic and creative work to our clients!
Our Client Management team sits at the core of every client relationship with roles and responsibilities ranging from strategic client engagement to flawless program delivery. Our team is comprised of forward-thinking, solution-focused client partners, who remain one step ahead of their teams. We understand the businesses we serve and help enable our clients and teams to perform at their best every day. Depending on experience and seniority, our team members transition from project management against a statement of work to leading internal working teams and building strategic brand programs for our clients. However, in our collaborative work environment, all members are client-focused and are expected to foster, retain and grow client relationships.
As a Senior Client Manager, you are a key client liaison who is responsible for the successful delivery of Interbrand programs; working closely with executives and directors to craft new engagements and deliver industry-leading strategic and creative programs. You will help to steer cross-disciplinary teams and partner with internal finance and operations to deliver work that is on strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Define and manage medium size projects, including building timelines, defining budgets, helping to negotiate fees, writing statements of work, and managing client status
- Manage delivery to meet both client expectations and agency profitability
- Work with senior-level client directors and finance to create and manage revenue recognition and forecasting for assigned projects
- Track against and regularly communicate hours set for full-time and freelance project resources to help manage project and consultancy profitability
- Serve as a central point of contact for matters related to scope, budget, project milestones, and ensuring the team is delivering work per the client’s inputs and feedback
- Know when to escalate client/project concerns; always provide solution options when identifying problems
- Support a more senior-level CM on larger-scale and/or more complex engagements
- Be client-focused, respond promptly to all client requests, and build a reputation of impeccable delivery
- Assist in creating agency POV’s or other work to be presented to the client
- Build and grow client relationships through understanding their business, pain points, foreseeing program challenges, mitigating risk, and developing trust through partnership and impeccable delivery
- Proactively identify new business opportunities based on client need, as well as assist senior leaders with crafting pitch presentations of proposed solutions
- Proactively assist in case study development, best practice documentation, and lessons learned on assigned client engagements
- Develop a working knowledge of brand strategy and how Interbrand’s offerings help drive business growth for our clients
- Maintain a working understanding of your client’s business and industry to deliver outstanding service
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 4+ years’ experience in client, project or account management role
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and partnership
- Personable and genuine client relationship and internal team building capabilities
- Ability to present confidently to clients
- Strategic, big picture thinker with the ability to filter through details to identify priorities and opportunities
- Proactive coach and empathetic mentor to junior colleagues, and diplomatic ability to work with all levels and disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and project management tools
At Interbrand you will create iconic work that defines customer expectations across the globe and creates growth for all.
We are building a connected, collaborative and inclusive human culture. As part of that culture, Interbrand is committed to creating spaces for open communication, transparency, and equitable support for all levels of employees. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are driving forces in how we create and embrace community, while allowing our employees to refine their craft and solve problems for the world’s best global brands. Interbrand has both local and global DEI Task Forces, in addition to access to the Omnicom People Engagement Network (OPEN), OPEN Pride, Omniwomen, and are proud supporters of ADCOLOR.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interbrand champions Equal Employment Opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, creed, citizenship status, alienage, sex, marital status, genetic information or any other protected class under, federal, state or local laws.
We are working through access barriers across our job site, so if you run into any issues and would like this information in an alternative format, or would prefer to apply via email, please send us a message at email@example.com.