Creative Director (m/f/d)
INTERBRAND – Design /
Interbrand understands what it takes today to build the world’s most iconic brands. To do that, we value and work with those who dare to challenge the status quo and enter new territories for growth - for our customers and for ourselves.
We are a global team of highly diverse thinkers, makers, and collaborators. We are proud of our heritage and are often regarded as the university of branding. Over the past four decades, we have pioneered iconic work and invented many of the brand-building tools that are now commonplace.
We are always looking for new talents to join our team in Cologne at the next opportunity.
Are you Interbrand's next
CREATIVE DIRECTOR (m/f/d)
who strives to create the next iconic move with us?
As Creative Director (m/f/d) at Interbrand, you will be leading the way towards the future of brand design by inspiring and giving creative impulse both to our people internally and to our clients externally - impacting the growth and development of individuals, businesses, and markets.
At Interbrand, you will become part of an international team of equally curious, thoughtful, passionate people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, who care as much about each other as about the work they do.
You tasks will include
- Leading large and international multi-stream engagements
- Coordinating national/international project teams of inter-office/inter-company employees
- Ensuring output and creative quality through sparring with client leads and project teams
- Sparring and challenging clients on C-level
- Collaborating nationally and internationally with clients and colleagues from all around the IB network
- Supporting profitability and growth of the business by building, maintaining and growing substantial and long-term client relationships
- Taking responsibility for the professional and personal development of the employees within the creative department
- Being an active voice of Interbrand and thought leader in the local market
- Working with the Executive Creative Director to align the department's direction and set up with the local business growth plan and strategy
This job is the perfect fit for you, if ...
- you have a deep understanding of and interest in brand management and development
- you appreciate a combination of creativity and strategy when approaching branding
- you bring a high affinity towards innovation, trends, and new technologies
- you have pronounced business acumen and interest in building and growing business
- you distinguish yourself through your strong social and communication skills - with clients, colleagues, and employees of all levels
- you like to be a manager, but even more so a leader
- you like to actively contribute to a culture of learning
Your professional profile
- Around 8 years of professional experience in relevant fields and a minimum of 5 years in the field of creative branding
- Outstanding knowledge in the field of corporate identity, branding, corporate design, and experience design
- Experienced in managing, leading, and developing employees
- Experienced client manager and client relationship developer
- Proven track record of building and growing business
- Industry thought leader
- Very good command of common graphics programs (Adobe Suite) and office tools (Office Suite)
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and - in best case - German
What you can expect from us
- a colorful, diverse and open-minded team of strategists and creatives
- a company culture that gives space to experiment, permission to speak out for everyone - no matter what their hierarchy level might be - and a model of leadership that anyone in the business can adopt
- the opportunity to learn and develop yourself constantly through exciting tasks and responsibilities and many learning opportunities (e.g. our internal Interbrand Academy)
- company benefits, such as a full paid job ticket, yearly fitness cost support or a contribution to your retirement plan
- ... and much more - let's talk about it!
Sounds like you belong to us?
Apply today to be considered for our next opening!
Please submit your complete application documents (english or german).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Interbrand was founded in 1974 – a time when the terms „Logo“ and „Brand“ were still synonymous for many people. We at Interbrand have fundamentally changed that perception and are passionate about continuously redefining the practice of branding. Brands shape everyday life and influence consumers and their view on products significantly.
To support our clients in an ever more complex and fascinating world, we have renewed our commitment to both common global standards and greater empowerment, experimentation and entrepreneurialism.
In collaboration with many of the world’s leading brands, we are pioneering the future of brand building. In a world where people’s expectations are moving faster than businesses, we give our clients the confidence to make Iconic Moves that create desire and utility, reshape the competitive landscape and drive extraordinary results.
The Interbrand Best Global Brands study/rankings and Brandchannel are resources to our clients and the industry, providing proprietary data and insight for our role as client partner and commentator. We have published 18 books on brands and are often the reference point for university curriculum and professional associations. Today, through our own Academy, we aim to be the most accelerated learning environment in the marketing world.
Interbrand is an equal opportunity employer.
We foster an inclusive and diverse work setting. At no time do we discriminate based on race, skin tone, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex and gender identity, educational background, age, partnership and family status or physical, mental or sensory disabilities.
We believe divers teams are a win for all - Come join us as you are!
Note: If applicable, please inform us about your identity status in your application, so that we can address you appropriately.