Director, Content and Brand Marketing
Marketing – Marketing
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Marketing team. The position of Director, Content and Brand Marketing is based in Washington, DC. The position will report to the VP of Marketing and will be responsible for developing and overseeing Interfolio’s integrated content strategy, brand strategy, channel management (i.e. social, events PR, etc.), and more. This position will work directly with the VP of Marketing and Executive Leadership to help define and shape the narrative of the organization, and will work cross-functionally to help the organization consume, use and retell the narrative to the marketplace. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of managing and strategizing content and brand marketing for SaaS-based technology solutions in Higher Education, as well as considerable experience as a writer and editor who can strategize and manage content production and brand voice across a team.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Manage numerous core areas of the Marketing team, including Editorial & Content Marketing, PR / Communications, Events, Brand Advertising, social media, and more
- Develop and oversee an integrated content framework and strategy that helps the business solve customer or performance challenges through the use of cross-channel content plans, encompassing channel management, editorial governance, and metrics
- Be a subject matter expert for the company in understanding our customers, their behavior and motivations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft a compelling story to the marketplace and represent it to executives, team members, and outside vendors.
- Lead the strategic development and execution of ABM campaigns, including email, social, advertising, and more
- Integrate with cross functional go-to-market teams in order to match content strategy to launch deadlines and roadmap requirements
- Manage and oversee online content via cross-channel marketing that include CMS, SEO, and Social Media
- Manage relationship with PR consulting firm and co-manage PR strategy and execution, advising on content and messaging direction
- Oversee consistent application of brand standards and content style guides
- Actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of campaigns
- Manage event strategy, budget and execution, including User Summit, conferences, regional workshops and more
- Provide regular status reports, timelines and delivery calendars to key cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop existing team talent—both internal and external consultants. Manage portions of the Marketing budget
- 7-10 years of relevant content, brand and account based marketing experience for SaaS-based technology solutions in Higher Education
- Proven team leadership, coaching, mentorship and management skills, as well as strong project management experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with innate understanding of adapting to brand voice
- Deep experience with devising and executing on integrated content marketing and branding strategies
- Familiarity with use of measurement tools to gather insights, track progress and translate information into action
- Ability to have a big picture view while still operating in an early stage, hands on environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, results-driven personalityAbility to adapt quickly to a changing environment
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!