Data Product Analyst
Product / Engineering – Product Strategy
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product Strategy team. The position of Data Product Analyst is an in office position working in our office located in Washington, DC.
At Interfolio, we are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status (including pregnancy), or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Product Analysts at Interfolio play a critical role in the success of our products, from idea inception, development, through commercial launch and ongoing maintenance. Successful product analysts will demonstrate a passion for self-initiated learning, problem solving, and above all a drive to find the right answer. Product Analysts will need to excel at collaborating with peers in Product, Engineering, Services, Marketing and of course, our clients. The Product Analyst for our Data vertical should have prior experience conducting targeted inquiry against large datasets.
- Conduct Discovery (primary research, customer interviews) to design new reports and data related products
- Independently run lines of inquiry (and iterate) against datasets to surface patterns that may be of interest to clients
- Collaborate with data engineers to define, construct, and maintain data models
- Be an expert in understanding the specific market pressures and corresponding market needs that shape your product
- Be the subject matter expert for your product and provide support to Sales and Client Success as needed
- Provide appropriate guidance to the engineering teams to ensure the successful completion of Sprints
- Work directly with customers, end users and education industry experts
- Maintain a current and regularly groomed backlog that is dev-ready
- Cultivate and maintain a meaningful partnership with Sales, Marketing, User Experience, Engineering, Client Success, and Senior Executives
Qualifications & Experience - Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Based in the Washington DC metro area
- 3-5 years experience in a role heavily dependent on working with large datasets
- 1-2 years experience as a product manager, product owner (or similar) role in an agile software development environment
- Prior experience with Data Visualization / Business Intelligence (Sisense, Tableau, or related)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with confidence and clarity with different audiences and personalities via electronic, verbal or in presentation forms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Experience working directly with customers and end users
- Demonstrated ability to be an independent, creative problem solver
- Proven quantitative based approach for making decisions
Qualifications and Experience - Nice to Have
- Prior experience in Higher Education Institutional Research
- Prior experience in the Education industry
- Prior experience analyzing data from Product utilization / measurement tools (Pendo, MixPanel, or related)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward to sharing more about our company and our team!