Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Operations team. The position of Business Analyst is an in office position in Washington, DC. Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
About the position
You, as the Business Analyst, will be reporting to the Managing Director of Business Intelligence & Operations, will work closely with the Commercial (Marketing, Sales & Services) organization in achieving its targets and executing on prescribed sales and services processes. We require that you be highly detail oriented, have strong analytical skills, enjoy problem solving, and are a creative thinker. As such, you will also work closely with other internal stakeholders to identify areas of operational efficiency, which may include Product Strategy & Product Engineering.
What you’ll be doing
- Consistently interview stakeholders within the sales and services organization to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, data quality, and performance.
- Assist with translating business requirements into technical requirements to support system/software implementations, enhancements and necessary configuration specifications.
- Help to drive our commercial organization beyond simple analytics toward predictive analytics, through data visualization techniques and tools.
- Define reporting and alerting requirements and perform quality assurance.
- Responsible for understanding business requirements, configuring systems and creating documentation as needed.
- Coordinate sales and revenue forecasting and planning used within the sales and services organization. Actively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement. Work closely with sales and services management and the Managing Director to inspect process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop on the development of compensation plans and quota setting to ensure that all prospective teams the sales and services team are is aligned to corporate objectives. Provide assistance with the arbitration or clarification of compensation policies and procedures.
- Facilitate on the management and compliance of enabling technologies, including the Salesforce.com CRM, to the sales and services team. Ensure that specified guidelines and processes are adhered to.
- Participate in territory design and analysis to ensure that each sales team has an equivalent opportunity statement.
- Design and develop sales, services and marketing reports on an as-needed basis to support business decisions.
- Make recommendations for improving the use of salesforce.com in the areas of pricing and contract management, account management, and the elimination of process bottlenecks.
Qualities you possess
- You have a Bachelor's Degree (in Business or Finance highly desirable).
- You have at least 2+ years in an Analyst role supporting Sales Operations, Operations or Finance.
- You are experienced in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Having experience with SQL is preferred, or instead, you should have an interest in learning.
- You have basic knowledge in generating process documentation.
- You posses strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
- You have experience and proficiency in a CRM system, preferably salesforce.com (desired, not required); must have willingness to learn.
- Experience with other sales tools such as Steelbrick (CPQ) and/or Xactly is desirable but not required; must have willingness to learn.
- Strong Excel skills is required.
- Proficiency in managing highly analytical initiatives, time-management skills, and following project deadlines.
- Understanding of data modeling principles.
- Understanding of data manipulation, data mining, statistics, and analytics.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must communicate with all levels of the organization including team members, management, customers and third-party vendors.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!