Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales – Sales Development
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
About the Position
At Interfolio, the Sales Development team serves as the starting point for every new client relationship, making this a crucial role within our organization. Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are helping to transform higher education by educating academic leaders on innovative ways their peers are using technology to support scholars and faculty at the most important inflection points in their careers.
SDRs work in close collaboration with senior Account Executives, who serve as mentors and help guide the strategy and tactical execution of a territory sales plan. Using a combination of Challenger and Solution Selling methods, SDRs engage with executives at colleges and universities around the world to paint a vision of how their institutions can better serve their faculty and in turn, their students.
Members of this team develop expertise in the higher ed landscape, and use their personal research and conversations with prospects to identify institutional pains and inefficiencies, map those pains to the benefits of the Interfolio platform, and build excitement for a follow-up conversation. Given their forward-facing role in the market, SDR’s are expected and encouraged to bring new insights and ideas to the broader Interfolio team including Marketing, Product and executive leadership.
- Confident and Driven: You flourish with challenges and are eager to achieve goals. You believe in keeping score and want a role where your talent and direct contribution to the company can be measured, celebrated and rewarded.
- Smart and Nimble: You love to learn and can credibly and articulately share your knowledge. You have high emotional intelligence and adapt your message on the fly.
- Teammate and Leader: You lead by example, and learn from those around you. You can cultivate both health competition and strong collaboration. You want to grow in skills and responsibilities commensurate with your hustle and impact.
- Passionate about Higher Education: Your passion for higher education drives you and the work you do. We are looking for someone who is seeking “tiger team” responsibilities that go beyond the job description.
- Research, identify, and qualify target accounts through effective outreach methodologies and effective communication of our value proposition to key decision-makers
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc
- Work with and directly support designated Account Executive within a specific territory by developing creative and purposeful content and strategically co-developing territory plan
- Schedule appointments between prospects and AEs
- Be responsible for prioritizing and leading prospecting activities through our CRM database
- Learn and comprehensively understand all of our products and services
- Effectively demo Interfolio’s suite of products via web presentations.
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events
- Report to Managing Director, Sales Development
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of work experience in customer-facing role
- Confidence to credibly engage with the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Presidents)
- Comfort with online technology platforms (e.g. Salesforce/CRM, Google productivity suite)
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Ability to commute daily to office in downtown Washington, D.C.
- Experience with inside sales procedures and selling by phone
- Experience working for, or delivering services to, universities and colleges
- Technical acumen (i.e. can speak elegantly on SaaS platforms, APIs, data security, etc)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.