Team Assistant / Office Manager
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and appealing products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that cultivate goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Operations team. The position of Team Assistant will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Basic Function: Provides administrative and operational support for the Operations team, Sr. HR Manager, and the CFO.
- Manage all aspects of the office, making sure it is well run, provides a great working environment for everyone and guests feel welcome
- Provides administrative support for the team - including but not limited to assistance with scheduling, team events, coordinating travel & calendars, expense reports, organization, visitors, customer visits, and other projects as requested
- Managing all orders for the office - office supplies, kitchen necessities, etc.
- Works with HR & Operations to coordinate and arrange all onsite team and culture events
- Helps manage the CFO schedule, keeping them on task and on time daily
- Researching and designing creative culture ideas/events that inspire employees from all departments and enhance their experience working in the office/for the company
- Assist with planning and managing onsite events ranging in department level to all-company events
- You’re smart. You’re a problem-solver who doesn’t shy away from puzzles that require extra research. You’re able to not only answer a user’s direct question, but also understand where they’re coming from and what questions they’re likely to have next. You can think critically and creatively about situations you’re presented with to ensure the job is completed effectively and efficiently.
- You can multitask. You enjoy having variety in your day and responsibilities. You are ready for whatever challenge might come up, and can tackle it with a positive and can-do attitude!
- You’re skilled. You write and speak well. You have the demonstrated ability to convey insight, compassion, persistency, and urgency in both written and verbal form. You take pride in the quality of your writing and are well-versed in phone etiquette with experience carrying on professional conversations.
- You’re tech-savvy. You stay connected through sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. You’re familiar with different operating systems across various platforms: Windows, Mac, tablets, and phones…anything goes! You’re at home using technology, and you can easily understand and learn a new interface or process.
- You’re team-oriented. You’re comfortable working in groups and happy to put ego aside when searching for the best ideas. Interfolio is a combination of 60 introverts, extroverts, right brains, and left brains all working hard to deliver products that scholars love to use.
- You're creative. You think outside of the box, and are excited about finding solutions to a variety of challenges that may come up. You enjoy the autonomy to be innovative, and can also collaborate with others to create new processes and ways of accomplishing goals.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Be able to speak and write in fluent English
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington, D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!