Sales – Account Management
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team. The position of Account Manager will be a fully remote position (with up to 40% travel) and will report to the Managing Director of Sales, Account Management.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
About The Position
Our Account Management team is focused on building thoughtful, trusted, and deep relationships with a portfolio of existing clients in higher education in order to deepen and expand our Interfolio partnerships across our existing clients. Interfolio’s clients represent a diverse and exciting list of named institutions representing premier R1 institutions, renowned liberal arts colleges, and regional universities and colleges.
A relationship-builder by nature, the Account Manager seeks to broaden the relationships they have with their client partners and takes a client-centric, service-oriented, and consultative approach, seeking out embedded institutional pains and mapping those pains to the Interfolio solution by working directly with decision-makers and thought leaders at universities and colleges.
Also a strategic partner to the Client Success team, the Account Manager leverages client utilization and adoption metrics within existing accounts to facilitate renewal conversations, engage executive sponsors, and introduce new products. This role is a part of the Sales Team.
- Platform Evangelist and Expert Public Speaker: You enjoy challenging the way decision-makers think and providing new, creative ways to approach age-old processes. You are an expert communicator and a driver, and you have a knack at persuading others through words.
- Strategic Partner and Collaborative Team Player: You work closely with other departments to find and execute open opportunities. You demonstrate ingenuity and creative thinking with problem solving.
- Trusted Advisor and CustomerAdvocate: A client-centric, service-oriented approach is core to your approach. Creating and nurturing relationships with a diverse group of individuals comes naturally to you. You are ethical and honest in the relationships that you build, which leads to authentic, reciprocated relationships.
- Passionate about Higher Education: Your passion for higher education drives you and the work you do. You’re excited to get out of bed in the morning and willing to take on responsibilities that go beyond the job description.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time
- Experience working for, or delivering services to, universities and colleges are a significant plus
- Experience with renewal and expansion oriented account management at SaaS-based companies
- Technical acumen, i.e. can speak elegantly on SaaS platforms, APIs, data security, etc
- Thrives in an exciting, fast-paced, action-packed work environment - we’re an early stage, high growth company!
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger methodologies
- Successful and consistent record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals
Applicants for this position must currently reside in the continental United States. In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!