Professional Services – Client Success
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Professional Services team. The position of Instructional Designer/Trainer can be either an in-office position in Washington, DC or remote. Candidates applying for this job must currently reside in the United States.
At Interfolio, we are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status (including pregnancy), or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
About The Position
As an Instructional Designer / Trainer at Interfolio, you will work with a creative and innovative team to develop cutting edge learning curriculum and training materials for a technology-focused Higher Education software company. Support the Professional Services department to establish solid curriculum(s) through analysis and instructional design, development, and implementation. Apply known methodologies to the full life cycle of course development in an established process by developing a course needs assessment and course design, implementation, and evaluation. Develop instructor-led, Web-based, and blended solutions, including synchronous and asynchronous courses. Design, develop and deliver performance support solutions to our ever expanding client base. You will work closely with clients and subject matter experts to develop training strategies and solutions. You will also work closely with team members, including project managers, programmers, graphics artists, and editors.
- Lead the creation and execution of an education content strategy for our client base
- Lead the design and development of learning deliverables such as interactive eLearning, tutorials, classroom and live-online training materials
- Research and exercise new and emerging technologies/processes to evolve Interfolio’s courseware offerings, creating marketable offerings specific to customers
- Manage Interfolio's portfolio of course projects from inception and design phase to production and release
- Utilize a project management system to scope, monitor, execute and report on courseware development projects
- Lead the capacity planning process for the organization, aligning projects with capacity, and making prioritization decisions
- Work across the organization with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services and Customer Support to define educational offerings (internal & external)
- Assess the learning needs of target audiences, and align to learning maps / curriculaIncorporate industry best practices and techniques from a training and learning standpoint
- Develop measures to assess the business impact of learning programs
- Lead training efforts / plans for new education product introduction events
- Discuss requests and goals from our customers with the Project Managers, Scholar Advocates, and Product Managers who interface with our customers regularly
- Collaborate with other product team members, including product and engineering, to identify the best approach to increase customer use and knowledge
- Discuss the problems customers face, and how to translate customer and support requests into learning actions
- Work with product design teams to provide feedback on intuitive actions to improve UX
- Track, monitor, and ensure quality of requests with outsources partners to align to a broader vision
- Create and maintain scoping with partners to keep everyone on the same pageLead training session of end user/faculty member utilizing our software
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience with learning theory and instructional technologies
- Experience with instructional design methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- BA or BS degree in Learning or Instructional Design (or equivalent experience)
- Possess a strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Potential of up to 20% travel
- Currently reside in the United States
Ideal Qualifications (But Not Required)
- Experience with learning technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and be flexible
- Possession of excellent oral and written and communication skills
- Instructional Design Certification
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!