Account Executive, UK & Europe (UK based)
Sales – Account Executives
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for academic communities. By building an engine for academic activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of academic-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic academic information system to support the full lifecycle of academic work, from job seeking to review, promotion, committee work, research impact, and beyond. Offering universities increased clarity and insight into academic data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the academic will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team! We are looking for an Account Executive to join our international sales efforts. We are looking to consider candidates who are currently living within the UK. This position will report to our Managing Director, International.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Platform evangelist and confident communicator: You enjoy challenging the way decision-makers think and providing new, creative ways to approach age-old processes. You are an expert communicator and a driver, and great at helping to paint a future vision for clients
- Innovative self-starter and entrepreneur: You thrive when faced with a challenge and enjoy taking strategic risks. You are willing to think “out-of-the-box” in trying to figure out how to gain traction in this new space while continuing to document findings and engage/collaborate with other company key stakeholders, including executives, with confidence
- Passionate about category creation within the Higher Education sector. Your passion for enabling researchers, scholars & academic executives to evaluate and communicate the impact of their scholarly activity drives you and the work you do. You are an eloquent advocate of higher education and can clearly explain the benefits of technology
- Author and execute the “go to market” business plan for your territory
- Become the territory and market expert as it relates to market knowledge, trends, and market research within your assigned territory
- Build a plan to build partnerships, maximize commercial opportunity and customer satisfaction within your territory
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in Salesforce
- Research, identify and qualify net new business prospects (with support from a Sales Development team)
- With the support of subject matter specialists, demonstrate Interfolio platform and all associated portfolio offerings effectively to audiences, leading sales cycles from initial discovery & value identification to successful close
- Meeting or exceeding activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events
- Reporting to the Managing Director, International
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of work experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions with a £50K+ ACV
- Experience with Sales CRM technology
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger (or similar) sales methodologies
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals
- Ability to lead complex sales process at the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Pro Vice-Chancellors etc.)
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time
- Remote position based in the UK
- Experience working for, or delivering services in the HE sector is a significant plus
- Additional languages are a plus
- Thrives in an exciting, fast-paced, action-packed work environment - we’re an early stage, high growth company!
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous yearly leave, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward to sharing more about our company and our team!