Remote (UK) OR Cambridge, UK /
Researchfish – Engineering /
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. The position of Software Engineer is a position either based in Cambridge, UK or remote within the broader United Kingdom. We consider this to be a junior engineer role within the team to learn and grow from others and develop their career at researchfish & Interfolio!
Interfolio is seeking a Software Engineer that has worked with and/or had training to use PHP and VueJS. We’re looking for someone who will be passionate about building and supporting great SaaS products. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a commitment to their craft and to teamwork. This role will focus on our researchfish product, working with team members to maintain the existing PHP platform, which includes form builders, reporting suites, and data exporting tools as well as focusing on the development of new micro-services to support the product.
As a Software Engineer within the researchfish team, you will work alongside some of the best engineers, and you will have access to a mentor and training support. You will get the opportunity to undertake a variety of tasks, some of which include but are not limited to: writing clean code, designing and building frontend applications, complex problem solving, fault finding, debugging & introductions to scrum processes and agile methodologies. You will be exposed to everything that we feel is essential for you to learn at this stage of your career.
Posting & Closing Dates: This position will be open between May 27, 2021 and June 27, 2021.
Location: Based in Cambridge, UK out of the UK office OR can be fully remote located in the broader United Kingdom*
Compensation: £25,000 - 30,000
- Assist with maintaining complex and scalable applications in PHP and VueJS
- Learn quickly and apply knowledge to ones work to deliver solutions quickly
- Work with large existing codebase to identify opportunities for refactoring or migration to external services
- Assist with the improvement of scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance
- Leverage third party APIs to build integrations with other systemsImprove the physical design of existing systems to optimize performance and/or provide self-service tooling
- Help make suggestions and decisions around tools and processes to improve our products and services
- Participate in the development of internal documentation that should accompany any development work completed
- Participate in the weekly development standup
- Participate in internal demos
- Respond to enquiries from other departments within researchfish
- Provide support during peak periods
- Familiarity with JIRA or equivalent for managing defects and tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentations and documentation
- Ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasksAbility to work independently and in a team environment
- Hands-on attitude in developing and troubleshooting own work
- Experience with PHP frameworks, unit tests
- Familiar with services oriented architectures (SOA) and REST APIsTeam player and collaborative
- Able to communicate effectively
- Self starter attitudeAttention to detailSense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the overall company’s successKeen to develop & grow
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes generous paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.