Sr. Full Stack Engineer (2020 H2)
Remote (US) /
Product / Engineering – Engineering /
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. The position of Sr. Full Stack Engineer is open to remote employees to join a fully remote Engineering department. Candidates applying for this position must current reside within the continental United States.
Interfolio is seeking a proven Sr. Full Stack Engineer that is experienced in both front end (AngularJS, Angular) and back end (Ruby on Rails) technologies and is passionate about building and supporting great SaaS products for Higher Education. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a commitment to their craft and to teamwork.
As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer at Interfolio, you will:
- Deliver fully tested, high performing code
- Work with both frontend and backend technologies, bridging the gap while you participate in full feature sets
- Design and maintain complex and scalable enterprise-level applications
- Learn quickly and apply knowledge to ones work to deliver solutions quickly
- Work with large existing codebase to identify opportunities for refactoring or migration to external services
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions for difficult and complex applications independently
- Leverage third party APIs to build integrations with other systems
- Improve the physical design of existing systems to optimize performance and/or provide self-service tooling
- Participate in code review and mentoring of other team members
- Provide robust automated unit tests
- Collaborate with a team of remote employees in the planning and execution of well-defined sprints
- Participate in our agile processes, working towards, and contributing to, the goals and vision of our roadmap
- Contribute ideas to help us grow and thrive as a team
Skills we're looking for:
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails software development
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres, or MSSQL
- Experience using iterative and incremental methods and TDD and/or BDD
In addition, you should have:
- Experience with a frontend framework such as Angular, React, etc
- Experience with Git and GitHub for version control
- Experience publishing and consuming APIs
- Experience working in an SOA Environment
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud hosting technologies
- Ability to break complex problems into simple, elegant solutions
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.