Sr. Director, HR
Administration – Operations
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our HR/Operations team. The position of Sr. Director, HR is will be based out of our office located in Washington, DC
At Interfolio, we are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status (including pregnancy), or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Responsibilities and Duties
Organizational Planning & Leadership Development:
- Analyze and advise staffing plans and career paths, while and driving a comprehensive people management agenda
- Establish strategies for identifying, developing and cultivating high-potential and high-performing staff and future senior leadership
- Act as coach/consultant for the senior leadership team and establish programs that promote ongoing organizational leadership development
- Oversee the HR & Operations Department Direct a team of HR professionals (Director Human Resources; Director of Talent Acquisition; Office Manager) to cultivate an engaged, collaborative and value-add service oriented function group
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities
- Lead HR diligence and integration efforts related to M&A activities when needed
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding:
- Manage the Director of Talent Acquisition and the recruiting program they oversee, with the goal of continuing to attract high performing employees and fill critical roles
- Evaluate the current onboarding program in place; enhance, develop, and manage said program on a consistent basis, ensuring a rigorous and focused curriculum which enables employees to quickly become early positive contributors to their departments and to the overall organization
Employee Development & Performance Management:
- Work with managers across the entire organization to transparently align employees with company values, strategy, goals, and initiatives
- Actively manage the evolution, production and management of objectives and key results to provide senior leadership actionable insights
- Improve upon internal performance management and employee development programs that provide individuals with growth opportunities and promotes an accountable performance-based culture
- Proactively work with leaders to quickly assess, document, and coach under-performers
- Establish mechanisms to receive and act upon employee feedback
- Implement employee programs that enhance the employee experience, drive performance, and positively impacts employee retention
- Drive employee morale through proactive and effective communications
- Manage the Director of HR, providing guidance on the iImplementation of HR processes and leverage of current and new technology solutions (e.g., Namely, Lever) that drive efficiency and scalability
- Evaluate and implement competitive compensation and benefit strategies that enable the business to attract and retain a high performing workforce and continually assess the competitiveness of all programs against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets
- Identify and track key metrics; analyze data and utilize information to drive people related initiatives
- Develop requisite compliance programs and proactively stay abreast with emerging and changing employment laws
- Lead HR diligence and integration efforts related to M&A activities when needed.
HR Organization & Structure:
- Establish HR organization that supports current business needs while identifying and solving for future needs
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps
- Mentor, guide, and support HR staff and enable continuous growth
- Direct HR activities in support of organizational goals
- Manage the HR budget
Requirements, Experience & Qualifications
- 15+ Years of HR Experience
- 10+ Years of HR Leadership
- SaaS or Tech Industry experience strongly preferred
- M&A integration experienceDemonstrated knowledge of HR processes and technology that drive efficiency
- Inspires a vibrant culture that engages and energizes employees
- High integrity leader that can quickly earn leadership trust and confidence; modeling behaviors that are in alignment with company values
- SHRM or Equivalent Certification
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!