Director, Sales Enablement
Sales – Operations
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
LIKE WHAT YOU’VE HEARD SO FAR?
Then consider joining our Sales team! The position of Director of Sales Enablement will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Director of Sales Enablement, you will be responsible for leading Interfolio’s growing sales enablement & operations efforts and for working closely with sales, sales operations and marketing to ensure strategic alignment across all three functions. You are a highly organized sales professional who has experience defining and running similar initiatives. You are passionate about advancing all efforts and processes that will contribute to and drive the success of the Interfolio Sales Department. A critical part of your function is bridging any gaps between sales, services, and other internal constituents. Strong communication skills and team player attributes are a must. You will be asked to bounce frequently between important tasks and projects. Because of this, your success will depend on your strong project management and time management skills, as well as your ability multitask.
As Director of Sales Enablement at Interfolio, you will:
- Be responsible for onboarding, and continuous learning and training programs for sales, including but not limited to content creation, and scheduling
- Lead the creation and deployment of processes, practices, forms, and tools to support the salesforce
- Track weekly reports from sales teams and compiles results for Sales Leadership team
- Support product launches by enabling the Sales team to understand and effectively sell Interfolio’s products
- Maintain expert status in product knowledge, including features, capabilities, and competitive differentiation
- Coordinate and assume a leading role in preparation of RFP responses by creating Plans of Action for internal resources
- Build presentations for sales related internal events and meetings
- Consolidate and share relevant news, announcements, and updates within the Sales organization
- Serve as liaison to the Marketing team
- Manage and execute annual Sales Kick-Off and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Report to Chief Revenue Officer
- Smart and strategic mind – we work with top level academic personnel
- Open to learning and seeking opportunities for professional development
- Outgoing and hungry to be successful
- Strong desire to contribute to team success
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Expert ability to plan and facilitate meetings
- Provide guidance on complex matters to non-specialists; ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Collaborative in nature, with the ability to generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups within a team environment
In addition, you should
- Have 7-10+ years of experience in sales enablement/operations roles or related areas; managerial experience is preferred
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Be able to speak and write in fluent English (as a minimum requirement)
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington, D.C.
- Ability to travel domestically if needed and as agreed upon with your manager
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.