Customer Success Manager (contract / maternity cover)
Researchfish – Professional Services /
Job title: Customer Success Manager (maternity cover)
Contract type: Fixed Term/Temporary (approx. 10 to 12 months)
Hours: Full time
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary range: approx. £30k pa (equivalent)
Start date: mid to end May 2021
End date: mid to end April 2022
The company is usually office based but due to the pandemic we’ve implemented effective remote working and all employees are based at home. We have safety measures in place in our office for limited numbers of staff to be there when needed, we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
Closing Date: This position will be advertised until the end of March 2021 but applications will be considered and progressed as they are received, so we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
· Ensure that all customers get the best possible value from the Researchfish product and utilise this to secure renewals and grow revenue.
· Continue proactive communication tracks for all customers and a cadence for this communication based on client tiers to fully engage with customers and understand their needs.
· Support colleagues work to ensure client delight, report and escalate any issues as necessary.
· Develop and manage on-going positive and productive relationships with customers.
· Solid understanding of customers implementation and ongoing use of the platform to safeguard success.
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, tracking research, and beyond. Our clients are located globally and include all types of organisations involved in research e.g government funders, charities who fund research, universities, colleges and so on.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Customer Team as a Customer Success Manager, this is a fixed term post to cover the maternity leave for one of the permanent members of the team, but who knows what this might lead to in our growing company. The role is based out of the Cambridge office(*see below regarding current working arrangements) in the UK and is focussed on the Researchfish platform. Through Researchfish we help research funders, charities, research organisations and research centres to collect impact-related data to advocate research and inform funding strategies. You can learn more on our website at www.researchfish.com.
General aim of role
The main aim of this role is to develop and proactively manage ongoing relationships with customers of the Researchfish platform, monitor customer health, overseeing customer renewals and in general ensure that our customers have the best possible experience with us. You will often be the first port of call for existing customers with queries or concerns over their use of the platform. You will be striving to ensure the customers get the most value out of their use of the platform, and therefore safeguard client renewals.
You will need to work alongside colleagues at Interfolio to ensure a coordinated and trouble-free experience for customers throughout their lifecycle with the Researchfish service and products.
You will also be expected to help the Support Team as and when necessary to ensure that there is always adequate cover to respond to support queries from customers and users at all levels during busy periods. This is a small part of the post, however, is very important as it assists the colleagues with their continued knowledge/expertise of the Researchfish system, as well as a general understanding of the user community.
This post reports to the Impact & Evaluation Adviser. The role is primarily office based at the Interfolio offices in Cambridge but does necessitate some time working on customer sites.*
*COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
Main duties/key responsibilities
- On-going Customer Health Programme
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, business outcomes, and manage the overall health of customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, and therefore support growing revenue.
- Oversee the onboarding of new customers, ensuring a seamless experience by drawing on our established best practice and in-depth knowledge.
- Manage programme of ongoing customer touch point meetings to maintain engagement with customers and ensure a continued understanding of their needs, issues, success stories and so on.
- Monitoring any outstanding customer support calls and/or platform developments, escalating any issues, and ensuring the customer is fully informed and their expectations managed.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive account to contract renewals.
- Adhoc project work as necessary e.g. assisting the development team with specification of new functionality, working with groups of customers on new areas for data collection and so on.
- Promote best practice and ensure that customers understand how to get the best out of their use of Researchfish
- Develop an understanding of Researchfish products.
- Shared ownership of the knowledgebase area of the Researchfish platform which hosts relevant information, documents for users of all types.
- User support – via email and live chat to all types of users of platform
- Log and escalate tickets for platform issues as appropriate.
- Assist with webinars and online training sessions.
- Maintain CRM systems – client information, opportunities (e.g. Salesforce)
Knowledge & experience
- Excellent customer facing skills including communications, diplomacy and general influencing skills.
- Evidenced experience of developing and maintaining productive relationships with customer representatives.
- Significant experience of customer relationship management systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage own discrete areas of work.
- Ability to multitask - managing multiple accounts and priorities (supporting project work)
- Experience of creating and delivering communication through a variety of channels as appropriate for the target stakeholder group.
- Strong technical acumen, eager and quick to learn new products and technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of customer success experience and/or developing long term relationships with stakeholders.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of the research environment (desired).
What we offer
· A great team consisting of highly experienced professionals with rich backgrounds in sales, research and data science
· A competitive salary and benefits
· A job that gives you independence and autonomy, and the opportunity to learn
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.