Accounts Payable Specialist
Administration – Finance
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Finance team. The position of Accounts Payable Specialist will work out of our office located in downtown Washington, DC, and report to our Sr. Director of Finance.
At Interfolio, we are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status (including pregnancy), or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Process and code vendor invoices
- Review corporate credit card & employee reimbursement requests for accuracy and ensures requests are approved and coded
- Generates checks and ACH payments at run dates
- Assist with 1099s at year end
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to vendors or clients
- Review new accounts in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Daily reconciliation
- Communicate with clients on chargebacks/ACH rejects and resolve 2nd level support requests specifically about payments related issues
- Perform other duties as required to support Finance Department
- You are open to change and willing to learn new skills - the company is small but growing, and we really like to develop current employee skill sets with professional development opportunities and internal growth!
- You are intellectually curious - you want to work on/with a team that wants to improving and enhance its processes as they grow and take on additional responsibilities when the opportunity arises;
- You are self-motivated, have an excellent work ethic, love solving problems, are detail-oriented, and good communication skills!
In addition, you should have:
- Have 1 - 3 years accounts payable or general accounting experienceHave at minimum 2-year Degree in Accounting or Finance, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Have Experience with accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks) as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate Excel skillsPossess a strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)Be able to travel up to 10% if needed
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!