Marketing & Events Coordinator
Marketing – Marketing
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Marketing team. The position of Marketing and Events Coordinator is based in Washington, DC or Austin, TX.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Support conference and tradeshow logistics for 25+ conferences annually, by identifying conferences and maintaining the conference calendar; coordinating staff attendance; handling conference registration, mailing lists, and sponsor benefits; ordering and organizing delivery of marketing collateral and swag for each conference
- Coordinate closely with Senior Director of Editorial and Brand on project management and execution of client workshops (2-3 per year), including pre-planning, on-site execution, post-event wrap-up, etc
- Serve as a core team member for the planning of the Interfolio Summit, our annual conference, including site visits, logistics management, and food, beverage, and entertainment planning. Additionally, project manage marketing operations projects, such as design materials and basic list/registration management
- Ensure that messaging and overall event experiences roll up to overarching brand value and positioning
- Leverage data to inform development of themes and topics for workshops and events
- Compile reports to evaluate event results and ROI
Marketing & PR Support
- Work hand-in-hand within the Marketing department to manage operations, including expense reports
- Assist with marketing collateral, promotional activities, and event logistics
- Assist with CRM and marketing automation systems
- Write and build blog posts and emails in Wordpress and Pardot to support marketing campaignsSupport social media writing and posting, as needed
- Assist with project management of design materials; working with in-house designer and contractors to make sure projects are delivered on-time
- Coordinate and schedule client and vendor meetings
- Assist Marketing team with special events and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Pardot is a plus
- 1-4 years of marketing and/or event experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Email
- Prior project management experience is required
- Familiarity and experience with principles of marketing/PR/events is preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Upbeat personality, positive attitude, and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a wellness benefit, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!