Senior UX Designer
Product / Engineering – Product Strategy
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product team. The position of Senior UX Designer will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Interfolio is seeking a proven UX designer / researcher that is passionate about building great SaaS products for Higher Education. The ideal candidate must demonstrate sustained success designing and delivering a robust portfolio of products spanning enterprise and consumer applications. We seek an individual that can directly contribute as well as inspire others across the full spectrum of User Experience: research, strategy, and design.
- Be a thought partner to Product Management in crafting delightful experiences across Interfolio’s suite of products
- Uses a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience
- Synthesizes data and client/user feedback in order to make critical design decisions
- Design and conduct user testing and research activities; synthesize results into appropriate artifacts and present to stakeholders
- Produce development ready journey map, wireframes and/or comps; and engage the development team to ensure completion of stories in line with the intended design
- Bring together data and design to create meaningful in-product BI visualizations
- Own user stories through execution, collaborating with engineering on implementation questions to arrive at optimal solutions
- Collaborate with other team members and decision makers
- 5-7 years of experience in User Experience and/or UI Design
- Prior experience delivering software products in a B2B setting required, B2C is nice to have
- Prior experience designing, conducting and synthesizing user research
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with product to understand define user needs and effectively prioritize those with greatest user impact
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies
- Familiarity with accessibility concerns (WCAG AA 2.1)
- Be willing to help colleagues, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Fluency in the following tools: InVision, Sketch or equivalents
In Addition, You Should Have
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!