Data Services Integration Engineer
Professional Services – Technical Services
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard-working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
About the Position
The Data Integration Engineer (Services)is a member of Interfolio Technical Services team and is responsible for the data level integrations between client systems and their Interfolio products. You will be responsible for helping define best practices so that Interfolio can implement clients reliably and at increasing scale. Key attributes are a customer first mentality, self-motivated visionary spirit, capacity to give and receive constructive criticism, and a willingness to equally teach and learn.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Services team. The position of Data Integration Engineer (Services) is open to remote employees as well as locals in commuting distance to our Washington, D.C. office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Design and lead the building of ETL data load system using existing APIs and new constructs
- Work with the business team to clarify requirements and provide effective technical designs aligning with industry best practices and client requirements
- Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust ETL applications, client facing portals, and scheduled data loads
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to associate level engineers
- Conceptualize, develop and deploy data extraction procedures working collaboratively with new product clients
- Develop recommendations for internal leadership around preferred data integration methodologies
- Work effectively with internal and external client project managers to ensure timely delivery of implementation
- Build and foster strong relationships with all levels of technical and non-technical staff at client institutions
- Identify, recognize, and act on opportunities for improvement in order to advance business goals
- Confront problems, change, and/or challenges quickly and enthusiastically
- Developing validation master plans, process flow diagrams, test cases, and standard operating procedures
- Analyzing validation test data to figure out whether systems or processes have met validation criteria
- Coordinating the implementation or scheduling of validation testing with affected client departments and personnel
- Crafting, populating, or maintaining databases for tracking validation activities, test results, or validated systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience architecting and delivering ETL data load services using Matillion, Pentaho, Talend or similar
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of SQL knowledge, ideally on Postgres and Snowflake
- Programming in any high-level language, SQL scripts, and Java scripting
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering, including data structures and programming constructs that would be found in non-trivial programs
- Understanding of relational databases including intermediate level SQL
- Basic understanding of internet protocols, networks, and related technologies, including http, xml, REST and Soap web services
- Excellent customer communication and project management skills
- 5+ years of customer facing experience
- Experience developing cloud solutions specifically AWS
- Experience building tools for data analysis or data analysis platforms
- PHP and Python experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!