Software Engineer (Front End)
Remote OR in DC office
Product / Engineering – Engineering
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team! The position of Software Engineer (Front end) can be a fully remote position (US based) or based out of our headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
- Create exceptional user experiences on our primary product line
- Collaborate daily within a cross-functional agile scrum team
- Implement new product features and improvements
- Develop new solutions and methodologies delivering an amazing user experience
- Discuss and design complex technical concepts and requirements with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Identify and resolve front end performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis
- Write clean, well-documented, and beautiful code
- Follow engineering best practices from code standards, to pull requests
- Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
- Deliver technical and process changes to help the company move fast
- You are passionate about delivering great user experiences through front-end technologies and tools
- You have meticulous attention to technical and visual details, with a passion for delivering high-quality user experiences
- You have a passion for leading, mentoring, and developing other team members
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent at writing technical documentation
- Ability to work remotely and effectively manage your time
- You thrive in a fast paced environment
- Being a part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high quality code to production that powers the business excites you!
- 2+ years of front-end web application development experience
- Knowledge of Flux architecture (Redux, NgRx, Apollo)
- Knowledge of Angular and component based architecture
- Experience with JS build tools (Bazel, Webpack, Parcel, Gulp)
- Experience with WebSockets
- Experience integrating with back-end APIs via REST and GraphQL
- Experience building web applications having proper layers of abstraction, separation of concerns, reusable components, and containment
- Advanced English verbal and written skills
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.