Technical Program Manager
Remote (US) /
Product / Engineering – Engineering /
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. Candidate for the Technical Program Manager position can be based remotely in the continental United States or in Washington D.C. where Interfolio headquarters is located*.
*COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
As the Technical Program Manager for Interfolio Engineering, you will be responsible for coordination and delivery of projects across Interfolio’s product suite. In this role, you will ensure consistency with company strategy commitments and goals as well as adhering to and improving upon the Engineering team’s Scrum/Agile delivery mechanism.
You will assist in bridging the communication gap between business and technology by ensuring transparency of process through communication mechanisms such as executive level dashboards, high level timelines and help make the development process transparent. You will tie together the velocity of the work being produced at the daily task level to what is being achieved at the corporate roadmap level.
You will also help with setting up and communicating automated, easy to use project intake and resource tracking and other necessary systems to help ensure realistic delivery for projects with set timelines, and will overlay traditional tracking on top of Scrum/Agile Sprints to help track estimated delivery.
The right candidate should have a track record of successfully delivering large initiatives by developing strong relationships, demonstrating core project management principles, communicating with senior level executives as well as core project teams, and driving key measures via metrics and reporting.
- Communicates to all levels of stakeholders to drive accountability, escalation and awareness
- Ensures risks, issues and critical dependencies are being addressed across all involved departments
- Obtains customer and stakeholder input, business process descriptions, user stories, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Ensures deliverables are being brought forward in an agile, componentized delivery method and these deliverables meet customer needs through user story review, demos, sprint backlog prioritization
- Aids SVP in SOW/MSA reviews and works with key vendors to ensure cohesiveness of delivery with the technology team
- Ensures visibility of project progress to all interested parties
- Builds and maintains reports, dashboards, and other high-level views into the project process
- Monitors key metrics and performance indicators to ensure goals are being met and stakeholders are informed of any issues/risks
- Works to improve internal processes to keep an agile, lightweight approach
- Educates stakeholders on new processes as needed
- Drives strong scope management disciplines
- Works closely with the cross-functional teams on a daily basis
- Guides the technical team to ensure sprint deliverables are fulfilling project goals but respects the team & ability to create its own plan of action
- Attends daily stand-ups, sprint planning, demos and sprint review and product backlog update meetings, and other project related meetings, as needed
- Be available to the team on a daily basis to answer questions and deliver direction
- BS/BA in Business Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in a Technical/Engineering environment
- 3+ years Project Lead/Management Experience
- Experience interacting with multiple departments
- Ability in communicating and documenting workflow/business flow
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Excellent Communication Skills (Oral and in Writing)
- Strong Business Knowledge
- Leadership skills, decisive
- Good facilitation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong Google and Microsoft Suite skills, esp. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in a Scrum Tracking tool like Jira
- Experience in creating executive-level dashboards
- Superior Analytical and Organizational Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience in collaborating with multiple teams across Engineering and business units
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward to sharing more about our company and our team!
At Interfolio, we are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status (including pregnancy), or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.