Digital Marketing Manager
Marketing – Marketing
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Marketing team. The position of Digital Marketing Manager will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Interfolio is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Manager who is responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining effective and successful digital marketing campaigns to meet organizational objectives, including fueling the pipeline for Interfolio sales efforts. You will be responsible for developing and managing paid and unpaid lead generation strategies; developing and managing email marketing automation campaigns; managing website analytics and strategy; and assisting the Senior Vice President of Marketing with optimization reporting and insights.
This position will report to the SVP of Marketing on a small team where the candidate will have the opportunity to work on high level projects and gain exposure to senior management, board members and key external constituents.
You’re passionate about marketing and the opportunity to apply your skills to help us evolve our Marketing strategies and efforts. You can work well with small, agile teams and with leaders across the organization. You possess strong tactical and execution skills as well as strong strategic capabilities. You are a self-starter, a quick study, and a great communicator, and you are comfortable both giving and receiving feedback. Finally, you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills and take your career to the next level in our fast-paced startup atmosphere.
Skills we're looking for in a Digital Marketing Manager
- Develop and execute the inbound campaign strategies, including demand generation campaigns, nurture campaigns, Pay per Click and display advertising, list management, and other digital marketing activities
- Manage end-to-end email marketing automation campaigns for both acquisition and nurture via Pardot, including list creation and data management; program set-up for email sends, website forms and third party marketing efforts; while incorporating the use of industry best practices and data-driven benchmarks and analytics
- Manage lead scoring, lead tracking, reporting, and analysis efforts for all Marketing generated leads
- Build customer and prospect nurture campaign paths that increase brand awareness, enhance the prospect experience and progress through the pipeline
- Collaborate with Interfolio sales colleagues on joint campaigns that fuel sales pipeline
- Manage email distribution calendar, working with all contributors to ensure deliverables are completed on-time
- Implement, monitor, and analyze SEO/SEM strategies and site performance; review tracking metrics to provide solutions to increase search engine ranking and create marketing personas/audience profiles
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team to ensure development of integrated campaigns is aligned with demand generation, PR/media activities, social media, website content and direct marketing efforts
- Track data and analytics to measure, analyze, optimize, and improve the effectiveness of our digital marketing efforts
- Apply statistics-based market intelligence to business issues and formulate recommendations to help drive business outcomes
- Assist with developing communication strategies for Interfolio products and product lines
- With SVP of Marketing, manage relationships with external agencies, including SEO firm
You should also have
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, public relations, or related area
- At least 5 years of hands-on B2B experience in email marketing, demand generation, SEO/SEM strategy, database management, analytics & reporting, and execution/deployment (creative and templates, segmentation, dynamic content and testing methodologies)
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation tools, Pardot and Salesforce required
- Basic understanding of Wordpress and HTML/CSS (preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated analytical ability to create and improve programs and optimize efforts (metrics-oriented)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent proofreading skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented in order to plan and project manage the execution of campaign strategies, and establish calendar of regular reports and ongoing requests
- Flexible, positive and a self-starter with ongoing enthusiastic interest to learn new skills
- High levels of tact and diplomacy
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!