Special Assistant to the CEO
Administration – Operations
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we're passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Administrative team. The position of Special Assistant will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.
The special assistant role supports the CEO and senior staff in the daily operations of the business, and as such you are broadly exposed to some of the most interesting and sensitive projects in the company. It is a position of trust, which requires a keen judgement, a lot of patience, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As an Assistant at Interfolio, you will:
- Report to CEO directly
- Manage and maintain CEO’s calendar, including team meeting cadence, schedules, appointments, travel arrangements, and professional development, as well as timely submission of expense reports
- Staff the CEO, reminding them of immediate, daily, and weekly meetings and events; ensuring they are adequately prepared, and that necessary meeting details, such as agendas, dial-ins, location, meal orders, etc, are all taken care of prior to the meeting
- Assist in preparing for board meetings, and managing communications with the board of directors
- Run interference as appropriate with internal and external interruptions
- Monitor, screen, handle third party expectations and, as appropriate, respond to items requiring immediate or upcoming follow up
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Manage any special projects, tasks or responsibilities as assigned
- Create project plans for all project-based work, and clearly set time expectations and regularly communicate status
- Ensure CEO’s technology is operating productively and expertly
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Ensure that CEO’s work environment is kept neat and organized
Skills we're looking for:
- You’re willing to play a forward-facing or behind-the-scenes role depending on the need
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to anticipate problems, and react to them appropriately
- You’re able to connect the dots between seemingly disparate activities or topics to make the CEO’s time spent more impactful and focused
- You have extraordinary tact and discretion
- You’re smart, self motivated and highly driven
- You have experience working with executives
- You have phenomenal judgement and show grace under pressure
- You are an excellent listener and work well with many types of people
- You are open to learning, receiving, and acting on feedback to improve results
- You have excellent time management and task management skills
- You can lay out a project plan, be accountable for its completion on time, while clearly communicating status and expectations
- You are a standout colleague and committed to a high-functioning organization
- You have a great sense of humor and can roll with changes and malfunctions
- You are adaptable in an exciting environment – we’re a fast growing company!
In addition, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of relevant experience assisting executives
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Apple Products
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!