Account Executive, Researchfish (UK based)
Researchfish – Sales
Researchfish is a Cambridge, UK-based company that makes it easy for researchers, universities, and funders to gather, present, explain, and evaluate the academic, social, and economic impact of their research.
In September 2019, Interfolio and Researchfish joined to create a single entity to helphigher education and research organizations holistically understand and support the contributions of researchers within the higher education landscape. Together, Researchfish and Interfolio support the collaboration, impact, and effectiveness of funders and academic institutions globally.
Interfolio is a US-based company that builds smart, inspired, and useful products for the global higher education and research communities. With twenty years of experience of assisting academic staff and systems in higher education, Interfolio has built a global client base by defining and leading the category of academic information systems to support goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making. With the recent acquisition of Research Fish, the leading provider of research impact tracking, Interfolio is poised to provide an engine for all academic activity, decisions, and data, including information on the outcomes, outputs and impact of scientific research.
About the Role
The Account Executive and Manager is a senior sales professional working closely with the Researchfish UK team to identify opportunities for extending services for existing Researchfish customers and winning contracts with new customers, mostly funders of research in the UK and internationally. Funders of academic research use Researchfish technology to collect data on the outcomes, outputs and impacts of research via web and contributions from researchers. The technology enables the funders to advocate investment into science and arts, capture outcomes of research beyond academic publications, reach a wide range of stakeholders, and collaborate and benchmark within the Researchfish clients community. Reporting to the Director of Research Impact, the Account Executive is the commercial leader, mentor, motivator and most prominent contributor towards the overall sales success.
- Platform evangelist and confident public speaker: You enjoy challenging the way decision-makers think and providing new, creative ways to approach age-old processes. You are an expert communicator and a driver, and great at helping to paint a future vision for clients.
- Innovative self-starter and entrepreneur: You thrive when faced with a challenge and enjoy taking strategic risks. You are willing to think “out-of-the-box” in trying to figure out how to gain traction in this new space while continuing to document findings and engage/collaborate with other company key stakeholders, including executives, with confidence.
- Passionate about Higher Education and Research Impact. Your passion for enabling researchers, scholars, academic executives and/or funders to evaluate and communicate the impact of their scholarly activity drives you and the work you do. You are an eloquent advocate of research and innovation and can clearly explain the benefits of investing in research & development.
- Author and execute the “go to market” business plan for your territory
- Become the territory and market expert as it relates to market knowledge, trends, and market research within your assigned territory
- Build a plan to create new partnerships, maximize commercial opportunity and customer satisfaction within your territory
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in Salesforce.com
- Research, identify, and qualify net new business prospects (with support from a Sales Development team)
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc. (with support from Marketing and Sales Development teams)
- With the support of subject matter specialists, demonstrate Researchfish platforms and all associated portfolio offerings effectively to audiences, leading sales cycles from initial discovery & value identification to successful close
- Meeting or exceeding activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events
- Reporting to the Director of Research Impact
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of work experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions with a £50K+ ACV
- Experience with Sales CRM technology
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger (or similar) sales methodologies
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals
- Ability to lead complex sales process at the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Pro Vice Chancellors etc.)
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time (including some potential travel to the US)
- Position based in the UK
- Experience working for, or delivering services to, universities and/or research funders are a significant plus
- Technical acumen, i.e. can speak elegantly on SaaS platforms, APIs, data security, etc
- Additional languages are a plus
- Thrives in an exciting, fast-paced, action-packed work environment - we’re an early stage, high growth company!
What’s even better than that? We are headquartered in modern and collaborative workspaces in both Washington, DC and Cambridge, UK we’ve crafted fun, collegial, dynamic cultures that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got lean teams of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
We are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.