Full Stack Engineer
Product / Engineering – Engineering
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. The position of Full Stack Engineer is open to remote employees as well as locals in commuting distance to our Washington, D.C. office. Candidates applying for this position must current reside within the continental United States.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Interfolio, you will:
- Deliver fully tested, high performing code
- Work with both frontend and backend technologies, bridging the gap while you participate in full feature sets
- Collaborate with a team of remote employees in the planning and execution of well-defined sprints
- Participate in our agile processes, working towards, and contributing to, the goals and vision of our roadmap
- Contribute ideas to help us grow and thrive as a team
Skills we're looking for:
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails software development
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres, or MSSQL
- Experience using iterative and incremental methods and TDD and/or BDD
In addition, you should have:
- Experience with a frontend framework such as Angular, React, etc
- Experience with Git and GitHub for version control
- Experience publishing and consuming APIs
- Experience working in an SOA Environment
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud hosting technologies
- Ability to break complex problems into simple, elegant solutions
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Ability to travel for quarterly planning meetings (4x a year at minimum)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!