QA Test Automation Engineer
Product / Engineering – Engineering
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. The position of QA Test Automation Engineer can be a fully remote position, or based out of our office in Washington, DC. Candidates should live within the continental United States.
At Interfolio, we are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status (including pregnancy), or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Ensure high quality software is delivered in each release
- Build and maintain the test automation framework
- Research and resolve any broken automation scripts that fail during execution
- Support manual QA testing efforts in conversion of manual test cases into automated ones
- Participate in agile scrum to inject quality into the entire software delivery lifecycle
- Update test results in test tracking tool(s)
- Participate in product backlog grooming sessions in order to develop an automation test strategy
- Report, track, and manage any discovered defects to resolution
- Write and understand complex SQL queries in order to perform backend (database) testing
- Create defect reports
- Detect defects as early in the life cycle as possible
- Work effectively and collaboratively within the scrum team and with other members on the product team
- Works within established standards within the QA organization
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
- 2+ years of software automation experience in web/cloud services, applications, and platforms
- 2+ years of above experience, and/or application, system testing, or software design/development
- Experience developing and executing manual and automated test suites based on engineering and customer specifications
- Experience with application (UI/API/Unit) automation tools, BDD automation tools, monitoring tools, performance testing tools, and automation technologies
- Solid experience with test automation frameworks like Cucumber/Ruby
In addition you should
- Possess a strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Have experience working with internal and external stakeholders to understand and reproduce issues
- Have strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills with attention to details
- Flexibility to travel for quarterly onsite meetings
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!