Web Designer (Contractor)
About The Company
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and appealing products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that cultivate goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Marketing team. The position of Web Developer Specialist (Contract) can be performed remotely or locally at our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As a Web Development Specialist at Interfolio, you will:
- Assist with the creative, visual design and execution of a wide variety of Marketing projects, from planning and design to all stages of preparation
- Support the Marketing team in bringing the Interfolio brand to life while delivering consistency at all touch points
- Create and facilitate unique designs based on direction from the Marketing team
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to conceptualize and create marketing materials as needed
- Serve as the lead in updating the Interfolio web properties as needed
- Support ongoing digital marketing campaigns with creative/production initiatives as needed, including emails, ads, landing pages, and more
- Successfully execute concepts into final production, hitting deadlines and targets established by the Marketing team
Skills we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, multimedia design, web design/programming, or related field.
- Advanced experience with WordPress and building HTML landing pages from scratch required
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver) experience
- Experience with collaboration/prototyping tools such as InVision required
- Excellent creative design skills, with a strong portfolio that clearly demonstrates creativity in all forms of web and digital media
- Responsive website design experience
- Codes in compliance with web standards and best practices
- Domain name negotiation and purchase experience
- Comfortable working with pre-existing code
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently, and to manage complex and simultaneous projects
- Ability to communicate with leadership and assist them to understand what they are getting and what they need
This is a fantastic way to gain experience working with a fast-paced and talented team, make a real contribution directly to product design decisions, and augment your studies.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!