Sr. Software Engineer (UK based)
Researchfish – Engineering
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. The position of Sr. Software Engineer is a position based in Cambridge, UK ideally, but also open to residents within the broader United Kingdom.
About the Role
Interfolio is seeking a proven Software Engineer that is experienced in PHP and is passionate about building and supporting great SaaS products for the research sector. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a commitment to their craft and to teamwork. This role will focus on maintaining the existing PHP platform, which includes form builders, reporting suites and data exporting tools as well as focusing on the development of new micro-services to support the product.
- Reports to and takes direction from the Development Manager
- Develop code on the researchfish platform to deliver required functionality as determined by the Development Manager in the form of user stories, functional requirements documents or through face to face discussion
- Provide mentoring and training for junior members of the development team
- Operate as lead technical architect for major areas of the Researchfish platform
- Lead code review processes
- Define the developer test strategy
- Follow Researchfish guidelines for development
- Responsible for testing all submitted code and keeping a log of tests run and test results
- Participate in the peer review process to ensure high quality code
- Participate in the development of internal documentation that should accompany any development work completed
- Participate in the weekly development standup
- Participate in internal demosRespond to enquiries from other departments within researchfish
- Provide support during peak periods
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Strong experience with PHP
- Experience with backend frameworks Drupal and Lumen
- Experience with a frontend framework such as Vue and Angular
- Experience publishing and consuming APIs
- Experience working in an SOA Environment
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud hosting technologies
- Ability to break complex problems into simple, elegant solutions
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Ability to travel for quarterly planning meetings (4x a year at minimum)
What’s even better than that? We are headquartered in modern and collaborative workspaces in both Washington, DC and Cambridge, UK we’ve crafted fun, collegial, dynamic cultures that celebrate team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got lean teams of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
We are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.