Marketing Data & Automation Analyst
Remote OR in DC office
Marketing – Marketing
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Marketing team. The position of Marketing Data & Automation Analyst can be a remote position or based out of our Washington, DC office. Our marketing team is a mixture of remote & non-remote team members!
Interfolio is looking for an experienced Marketing Data & Automation Analyst who is responsible for providing analytical insights to optimize Interfolio’s marketing strategy and optimizing our marketing automation platforms. This will include managing Interfolio’s marketing tracking, analysis and reporting, managing and enhancing our marketing database (Salesforce), building and maintaining our dashboards, and providing data-driven testing hypotheses and strategies to support marketing, sales and product optimization efforts. In addition, you will dive into complex datasets, distill your analysis into actionable insights, present insights using dashboards and reports, and influence key stakeholders throughout the Marketing team. This position will report to the Director of Marketing on a small team where the candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with internal teams to drive meaningful business outcomes.
You’re passionate about marketing and the opportunity to apply your skills to help us evolve our marketing strategies and efforts. You can work well with small, agile teams and with leaders across the organization. You possess strong tactical and execution skills. You are a self-starter, a quick study, and a great communicator, and you are experienced with shifting between competing priorities. Finally, you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills and take your career to the next level in our fast-paced startup atmosphere.
Skills we're looking for:
- Learn and understand a broad range of Interfolio’s data resources and build connections to gather insights using data from across the organization
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (such as Pardot, Eloqua) and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Evaluate and improve data quality and cleanliness in data systems
- Work with the Marketing team to create analytics frameworks and provide regular reporting to key stakeholders on marketing campaigns and program effectiveness to identify actionable insights and business opportunities
- Build metrics to measure cross-channel performance to inform marketing execution of best practices
- Serve as Marketing team expert on funnel health and conversion
- Use this expertise to inform campaign development and optimization
- Understand and analyze Interfolio’s total addressable market, develop database augmentation strategies to better understand our addressable market, and provide database segmentation to guide targeting
- Analyze user behavior, marketing campaigns and product usage to identify opportunities for product marketing teams
- Provide budget tracking, cost per lead, and cost per acquisition insight to drive optimal marketing spend
- Propose testing strategies to further optimize marketing programs across all channels
- Report on and analyze Interfolio’s web properties, including trends in customer acquisition, conversion and user behavior
- Collaborate with the team to optimize marketing automation tools
- BA/BS in a field such as Business, Business Data, Data Analysis, Business Intelligence
- 2+ years of quantitative work experience in marketing analytics or business intelligence and experience with marketing automation platforms
- Familiarity with Intercom & Salesforce
- Deep familiarity with data manipulation and visualization using tools such as Excel, Grow, Tableau, etc
- Nice to have: Light experience in SQL and one or more languages for statistical programming (e.g. R, SAS, Python)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Able to source, work with, and combine disparate data sets to answer business questions and influence business outcomes
- Excellent strategic, organizational and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work
- Proven experience connecting data insights to business outcomes for a marketing team
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.