Software Engineer (Elixir)
Product / Engineering – Engineering
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. The position of Software Engineer (Elixir) can be a remote (based within the continental United States) OR work out of our office based in Washington, DC.
We're seeking a talented and energetic Software Engineer with a deep understanding of Elixir to join our tight-knit team. You must be focused on producing high quality and maintainable code. This role offers a high level of creativity, and an opportunity to design the future with a company that is challenging the status quo.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge of Elixir
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL (Dynamo, Elasticsearch, JSONB)
- Data cleaning, normalization, and transformation
- Building, maintaining, and optimizing data processing pipelines
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture and the use of Microservices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with RDF and Graph data structures
- Passion for using technology and data to solve business problems
- Production experience with an industry standard web programming language and framework (Python/Django, Ruby/Rails, Elixir/Phoenix)
- Experience with Git and/or Github or comparable version control system
- Experience with GraphQL or Restful APIs
In addition, you should
- Possess a strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Be able to 20% travel (travel includes mostly quarterly planning meetings that take place in DC area)
- Live within the continental United States
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.