Director of Sales (US - East)
Director, Sales (US - East)
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team. This is for an in office or remote position based in Washington, DC (Interfolio Office), Mid Atlantic, or Northeast regions. We view this as a senior level position; you will be responsible for developing a GTM strategy which will include the deployment of your region’s outreach efforts between you, regional Account Executives, and your Sales Development Representative. As such, you will have excellent time management, mentoring, leadership and multitasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and motivate yourself to success.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Author and execute the “go to market” business plan to identify and build relationships within the eastern region of the US market
- Work with peer divisions (Marketing, Engineering, Services, Support and beyond) to build the foundational support structures needed to enable Interfolio to establish a strong regional footprint while also allowing for scale for future years to come
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in Salesforce
- Research, identify, and qualify net new business prospects (with support from a Sales Development team)
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc. (with support from Marketing and Sales Development teams)
- Be responsible for active prospecting and cold call outreach (with support from a Sales Development team)
- Build a plan to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction within your territory
- Experienced delivery and execution of Challenger and Solution selling tactics and content
- Demonstrate Interfolio platform and all associated portfolio offerings effectively to audiences at all levels with detail, breadth and depth. Work with other departments to prioritize, coordinate and apply resources where needed
- Meeting or exceeding activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Demonstrate and sell value to key partners across a complex university hierarchy
- Effectively demo Interfolio’s suite of products via web presentations and onsite meetings
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events
- Report to Chief Commercial Officer
- Excellent time management, mentoring, leadership and multitasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and motivate yourself to success
- Strong listening skills with a client service oriented approach to solving problems Smart, creative and strategic thinking – we work with top level academic personnel
- Has an ability to bring ingenuity to problem solving
- Demonstrate high accountability and ownership over sales opportunities and client relationships Strong desire to advance your career in Sales - the unapologetic sales professional Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate, communicative, collaborative, supportive, honest, ethical, hardworking, dedicated, thoughtful, authentic
- Open to learning with a desire to seek opportunities for professional development
- Hungry to be successful and make a difference within the market you serve
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Willingness to take on additive “tiger team” responsibilities that go beyond the job description
- Adaptable in an exciting, fast paced, action packed work environment – we’re an early stage growth company!
In addition, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.7+ years of experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions with a $50k+ ACV
- Education and/or Ed Tech industry experience/knowledge preferred
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger methodology preferred
- Experience with extrapolating value from a functionally robust platform in an effort to solve real problems vs sell features
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent track record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals
- Ability to lead complex sales process at the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Presidents)
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!