Manager, Sales Development
Sales – Sales
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry for which we are passionate. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team! The position of Manager of Sales Development is open to candidates based in the Washington, DC metro area within commuting distance to our Washington, D.C. office.
The Manager of Sales Development at Interfolio is one of the most important leadership roles within the Sales organization as this team and its leadership represents the most prominent method by which Interfolio is able to establish its brand and voice within the marketplace. Quite often the team is referenced as the “Tip of the Spear” for the company. This position will be responsible for managing a team of Sales Development Representatives with the objective of increasing pipeline for the field organization through inbound qualification and outbound prospecting. This individual will own the recruitment, training, mentorship, and optimization of top-talent SDRs.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- LEAD -- Lead a team of 10+ SDRs with the charter of increasing the top of funnel growth; manage, support, and drive SDRs in their efforts to set qualified meetings for Account Executives; work with Marketing, Sales, and Operations on the successful design and execution of demand generation campaigns; build operational scale through the effective use of Salesforce, Outreach.io and other technologies; foster a fun, high-energy environment where SDRs can thrive and impact the business
- EVALUATE -- Continuously define, refine, and review SDR and Demand Generation metrics in order to identify opportunities for improvement; monitor inbound lead flow and track the effectiveness of Sales and Marketing programs; evaluate operational deficiencies across the SDR team and create tactical execution plans to address those deficiencies
- COACH -- Onboard SDR new hires and provide ongoing training to tenured SDRs; ensure SDRs are applying both best practices as well as creative techniques to secure meetings; coach SDRs in their attempt to exceed their monthly targets; develop and track the career development goals and execution of each SDR
- HIRE -- Recruit and hire top-talent SDRs to continue to build out the organization as Interfolio continues to scale
- 3-5 years of sales management experience
- Prior experience as an SDR, BDR, or prospecting representative
- A passion for developing, training, and mentoring SDRs
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated ability to exceed targets
- Customer-centric "can do" attitudeSelf-starter, very organized, and adaptable
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!