Product Manager (Cambridge, UK)
Product / Engineering – Product Strategy /
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product Strategy team. The position of Product Manager for Impact products is based out of the Cambridge, UK. Product Managers at Interfolio play a central role in ensuring the overall success of our products, from idea inception, development, through commercial launch and ongoing maintenance. Successful product managers will have an equal balance of passion for creating innovative products and delivering outsized impact to our customers.
Posting & Closing Dates: This position will be open between February 1, 2021 and March 1, 2021.
Location: Remote within UK or Cambridge, UK out of the UK office*
Compensation: £50,000 - £70,000
*COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
- Own making the business case to the executive team for the sustained investment in your product
- Define, defend, and socialize the strategy and roadmap for your product
- Be an expert in understanding the specific market pressures and corresponding market needs that shape your product
- Be the subject matter expert for your product and provide support to Sales and Client Success as needed
- Provide appropriate guidance to the engineering teams to ensure the successful completion of Sprints
- Work directly with customers, end users and education industry experts
- Maintain a current and regularly groomed backlog that is dev-ready
- Cultivate and maintain a meaningful partnership with Sales, Marketing, User Experience, Engineering, Client Success, and Senior Executives
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Based in Cambridge UK ideally, but will accept candidates based remotely within the UK
- 7+ years experience, of which 5+ as a product manager, product owner (or similar) role in an agile software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with confidence and clarity with different audiences and personalities via electronic, verbal or in presentation forms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Experience working directly with customers and end users
- Demonstrated ability to be an independent, creative problem solver
- Proven quantitative based approach for making decisions
Qualifications & Experience - Nice to Have
- Prior experience in the Education industry
- Prior experience in higher education research or research funding
- Prior experience analyzing data from Product utilization / measurement tools (Pendo, MixPanel, or related)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.